Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NavigationScanningScans

Connecting 2 scans via link / mattertags2761

Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
FloridaProperties private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

Just finished a 60K sq ft property with 2 models.

I saw a thread a long time ago linking 2 scans or 360 using a url and mattertags.

I can't make it to work! If you can help, I appreciate it.

Best,
James
Post 1 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Hi James,

I think it needs to be an a-ref in the mattertag content to tell it that it's a link. I'm on a train though so can't check for sure.

Give it a try and hopefully it works.

Cheers,
Baxter
Post 2 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
Open tags, insert name of link in brackets "[ ]" and then put the URL in parentheses "( )" click done and then publish. We do this a lot for our commercial scans/customers
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
sounds very simple and I can't wait to do this.

Thank you for your time responding.

I appreciate you and thank you Lord Dan for this forum!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
Invelop, I'm mobile now, can you send me one that you did?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Just did this one a week ago. When you're on the stairs of rear porch over looking the pool, you will see a tag in front of the Guest house biased towards the right. This links to the guest house and vice versa from Guest house scan to Main house.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=a2cTQuoVsNz
Post 6 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
When the url does not contain "matterport" in it, I will open in a new tab / window.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think we can link to another place in the tour though.

When I paste in a URL from my.matterport.com, it strips everything except the model ID. I could try a URL shortener, but it would then open a new tab... would love to link to another node.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
I don't think I'm doing this right.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
OMG.

Want to see something FREAKISH?

Hit U during a tour to find a direct link to any place in your tour. Make a MatterTag link to the 'Tag Navigation Link'.

Example:
[Weird Mode](#tn=1,095a5637522e4b0db95c9463727a345b,-14.4163,-1.7235,-1.8935,-0.0368,0.7796,0.0460,0.6235)

Clicking the Mattertag will swap to Mesh view and your tour will start walking to the location no matter where it is.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
Am i doing this right? Invelop said: Open tags, insert name of link in brackets "[ ]" and then put the URL in parentheses "( )" click done and then publish.

let me try that in a minute Metroplex
Post 11 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
@metroplex. Dude you are waaay too smart for this forum.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
I almost got it. Thanks Invelop! I appreciate you.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Invelop - You're the one who is giving me ideas! I've never even tried this before!

So while we're on the topic of being a clever clogs - this is the bit of code that parses URLs.

The bit of logic here in in the code.

If the URL has '#tn=' in it, then it's a link to a pano, so take the provided URL (all characters after the first 4).

Otherwise ... if the URL contains 'matterport.com/show' then open up the tour that you've linked to with autoplay -- and it's handled differently if this is clicked on directly in a model or in a link iframe - which I guess is two different ways MatterTags could be rendered.

var i, n = t[1], r = t[2];
return 0 === r.indexOf( "#tn=" ) ? ( i = "pano", r = r.substr(4) ) : ( i = -1 !== r.indexOf( "matterport.com/show" ) || -1 !== r.indexOf( window.location.hostname ) ? "model" : "link", "model" === i && ( r += "&play=1" ), -1 === r.indexOf( "http" ) && ( r = "http://" + r )), this.description = this.description.substring( 0, t.index ) + this.description.substring( t.index + t[0].length, this.description.length ), {
index: t.index,
label: n,
URL: r,
type: i
}

--

Those are the only two options. I'm curious to see if I can stuff anything different next to #tn= and if it will work without launching a spooky guided tour.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
Thanks Invelop!

Wow Metro, I shld call you Albert Einstein!

Now can you get a VT with 2 connected Models to work on a VR?

Comments Gary?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
There's not enough room in the Mattertag Description to link directly to a tour with specific positioning... kind of a bummer.
Post 16 IP   flag post
thebiggerpicture private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 another incredible find!

If you have that pulled up and run a guided tour, you can watch the value change. For example, I noticed the first variable has something to do with the view you're in.

1 = normal "in-model" view
-1 = transition
2 = dollhouse
3 = floor plan

The rest appears to be some sort of coordinates to position the camera in 3D space.

It would be great if there was a way to change the walkthrough to the slideshow transition. I tried swapping options in workshop on the Highlight Reel to see if it affected the link but to no avail.
Post 17 IP   flag post
thebiggerpicture private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 you can run that link through a url shortener like goo.gl and drop that in to link to a tour with direct positioning. It looks like this

Post 18 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@thebiggerpicture But then it'll launch a new tab -- not exactly what I'd want -- I just want to jump to another place in the same tour. Elevators vs climbing the stairs.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
That works for me since I have over 50K sq ft. I'm just wondering how a VR would work.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Jamwoc private msg quote post Address this user
I just tried to add a Mattertag link using the short code and it's not working. What did I do wrong?

Post 21 IP   flag post
Jamwoc private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the non-shortened link to other model, https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=npoFmoU4NXn
Post 22 IP   flag post
101437 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?