Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Wild Card: Other Matterport Suggestions?2749

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport sent a survey to its customers asking...

"Do you have any other recommendations for improvements Matterport can provide to help you and your business be more successful? (This might be product improvements or other services.)"

I am posting each feature to a separate thread, in case you want to discuss a specific feature request with the Matterport Community.

BTW, Matterport reads every word of the Forum. So consider the WE GET AROUND FORUM as your platform to weigh-in with other Matterpeeps and Matterport ....

Best,

Dan

----

Matterport Question

"Do you have any other recommendations for improvements Matterport can provide to help you and your business be more successful? (This might be product improvements or other services.)"
Post 1 IP   flag post
PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Quicker customer support resolution. Calling and leaving a voicemail isn't good enough.
Post 2 IP   flag post
OGH604 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DanSmigrod,

Matterport Model Editing.

It would be useful for me to be able to edit my matterport model, online or offline (change floor colour and wall / add furniture / add image directly to a face of the model).

Matt Bell is doing this at 7m14s in the following video: https://youtu.be/Rt5UaDBAIEg?t=7m14s

Thanks,-Olivier
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Review of Terms of Service section 7 against US Copyright Law. Add ability to download cube faces from Workshop, or download RAW data from iPad App.
Post 4 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
As a regular user on the outside looking in, faster anything always tops my wish lists. I love Matterport models but when I visit one, I know I'm going to have to wait while it loads. If I'm on the Matterport Showcase page and I don't have much time, I have to choose carefully which one I might like to explore knowing that time will pass before a model actually shows me what's inside. In lieu of faster loads, I might be happy seeing previews of what I would experience if I clicked a model to load it.

Maybe 360 panoramas could "go live" long before the actual model and HTML page loads completely. Users would then have something to play with. An interesting forum survey question might be,

"What do you do while waiting for a Matterport model to load?"

Sometimes I might click away to another task but at the end of my life, I may look back and count the number of hours or days I've spent watching something load on a Web page.

Faster movement through a model is also important to me as a regular user. I'd love a special click type or something that moves me way across the room without moving slowly step by step from waypoint to waypoint.

A walk-through consisting of linked together 360 panoramas (extracted from a model) might be a nice additional optional way to explore a home. The software could let creators capture 360 panoramas at different stop locations. One benefit of this type of walk-through would be the ability to more easily insert 3D objects into the panoramas (for instance, if a pano was a skybox).

This capability opens the door to pros having the ability to stage a home given a supply of furniture, accessories, etc.

Here's an example of a developer inserting a real 3D house in a regular 360 panoramic photo. (link)

Now imagine if the developer had linked these types of panoramas. Users could explore an experience that's real and augmented.

Maybe linked Matterport 360 panos could also be used as a visualization tool showing how a home or business might look renovated, changed or enhanced as in, for example,

"What would this room look like with a fireplace in that corner?"

Since a Matterport camera captures many views within a home, we might as well find ways to use them (videos, linked panos, etc.)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@UserName Faster walking through a model would be great. Using the konami code (up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,b,a,h) you can open a panel that lets you change transition speeds -- and I've really liked how the tour feels when it's going a bit faster between points,
Post 6 IP   flag post
PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
How about putting the handle on top of the camera rather than the side. It would be much easier to mount on a tripod with the handle on top.
Post 7 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a secret Easter egg. I tried it and the magic panel opened. I'll play with it. That sparked one more wish list item ..

Zero Markers
That may be impossible, but think about regular Street View. it has no markers / way-points. You simply make a circle appear at the point you want to go (along the path they've filmed, usually the street) and you go there. In the Street View old days, that wasn't possible.

Here's what I'd like to do.

I'm at the door of the Sunset Strip home and I simply want to go way over there to that covered brown table in the distance on the right instantly. I can't do that if no way-point is there. Instead, I have to locate waypoint circles and click them one-by-one until I arrive at that table. Since those circles won't always lie in a straight line to my desired destination, I will probably take a circuitous route going there.

(side note: Outdoors, those circles aren't easy to see sometimes because they blend in with the sky)

In the magic new model, I click the table from wherever I am and go there. Ideally, I have the option to go there instantly or enjoy the transition effect that takes me there almost instantly. That transition effect adds to the immersion factor, especially in a VR headset.

The ultimate goal of moving faster is gaining the ability to view more points of interest in a home and to view more homes in a given time frame. The dollhouse is very helpful, but it's not as fast as simply moving to where you want to go AND, optionally, getting BACK instantly to my original location -- in my example, the door way. That's where a "History" feature might help. Hotkey back through your bookmarked (another wish list feature) locations.

Since a photographer probably can't perform scans every few inches, you probably can't make a true 3D model in which you can move to any point in it. In lieu of doing that, maybe they can fix it so that when you click a distant object, you get transported to the nearest way-point circle.

Maybe in the future, tiny floating cameras with sensors may exist. You stand at one end of a room with 100 of those floating cameras. You spread them out horizontally and tell them to fly to the opposite wall. When they reach that wall, they will have capture all the room's points along the X-axis(horizontal) and Z-axis(into the room). You'll have all the images and data you need to construct a true 3D model like you find in a video game.

Maybe in the far far distant future (2216 maybe), those floating nano-cameras could fly right through solid objects, such as lamps. That way, the cameras could move at any altitude through a room. However, maybe by 2216 people won't need Matterport if they can teleport themselves to any home they're thinking about purchasing. Now I feel like I'm living in the Dark Ages after pondering a fun future.

Thanks for the Easter Egg control panel revelation.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101721 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?