Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Please Remove Me as a Matterport Beta Tester2666

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I sent the following email to Matterport Support today (19 September 2016) ...

Dan

-----

Matterport Support,

I no longer wish to be a Matterport Beta Tester. Please remove me from this program.

In light of Matterport killing five useful tools and solutions for the community....
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/2665/page/1/matterport-why-kill-others-toolssolutions/

... I find it unfair that Matterport seeks my help while it removes these most valuable features from its platform. You are obviously not listening to me, so why ask me to be a Beta Tester?

You're welcome to read my thoughts in the We Get Around Forum that I write for a monthly audience of 10,000 visitors ...
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/

#frustrated

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
lensspace private msg quote post Address this user
Well said. Been following developments on this with interest and a degree of disgust.

Here's hoping such a mail from a prominent figure in the community stimulates some strategic review in the upper management of Matterport.

There's always a balance of commercial self interest and alienating the community that helps build your market position. Right now Matterport don't have this right.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
Im so tempted to follow you Dan. Iv'e offered to jump on a plane and fly transatlantic to talk with Matterport. They just don't seem to have my back or any other MSP's back for that matter.. I really don't feel there is a future with me and Matterport beyond the end of my current contract. Which is a shame as I was about to sign up a deal for 2 large estate agents here in the UK.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
5 dollars says that your word carries some weigh in the long run.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DanMilstein private msg quote post Address this user
After consulting with some of my key accounts, it looks like I will be discontinuing my Matterport service offering, selling the camera, and closing my account as soon as my committment on existing models has expired.

My first camera was A023. Yeah, somewhat early in the process. While the service has always been really just a side offering in my business, I kept it active because I felt the product and company was worth the time and money. Oh well.

Matterport won't feel the loss of my account, but they'll eventually figure out that recurring revenue model business requires a loyal customer base. Driving out the die hard fans means that the company is either unaware of how important that base is, or is so desperate for new revenue that we're all up the creek anyway. It was a fun ride!
Post 5 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Sad. Most sad is Matterport opening weeks ago its own community even though this one already exists and is thriving... They should have bought you or collaborated with you a LOT more, I simply refused to open and check the new community even once.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DanMilstein

I could imagine your comments will carry weight since they profiled you on the Matterport blog:

The Wow Factor: Our conversation with Photographer Daniel Milstein on Why 3D Photography Works

@GeorgeK

I don't want to take your $5 bet ...

Matterport has never featured the We Get Around Forum - formerly known as the Matterport User Group Forum on their blog - even though I wrote this suggested Matterport Blog Post for them to celebrate MUG's 2nd anniversary. Even though we have more than 1+ million views of the Forum annually, it's as if the community does not exist.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@DanMilstein

I could imagine your comments will carry weight since they profiled you on the Matterport blog:

The Wow Factor: Our conversation with Photographer Daniel Milstein on Why 3D Photography Works

I completely forgot about that. To your original point here, I have to agree. The time dedicated to helping improve the product ceased to be of any personal value ages ago. I did take part in something a few months ago, and was surprised that the company was going to send me a gift card (I think it was Amazon). Not particularly surprised that no such gift card ever materialized. *shrug*
Post 8 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
So why is Matterport asking for our feedback (once again) when they don't seem to care when it comes to major decisions like the one they made last week. It's bad enough that their marketing seems to be geared at stealing clients away from photographers to sell more cameras, now the ability to sell axillary services have been taken away. I don't think they understand the most people are exposed to Matterport (and their camera)through the work of dedicated photographers.

Sorry Dan that you are in this position, you have done so much for all of us... and Matterport.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Following up, a gift card appeared in my inbox last night.

While I am disappointed that the ability to really stand out as a pro is impossible without third party innovations, I have trouble labeling MP as having failed for doing it. Do I agree with the decision? Heck no, but that's based on MY business model. Matterport's model is based on market penetration and subscriptions. Not sure it's the best approach, but it is the one they have taken.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101635 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?