Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
SamsungVirtual Reality

Matterport VR Showcase Beta with Gear VR265

DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
@pthor is it mesh view or photo spheres linked together. I've done demonstrations of both and just don't feel mesh view is ready yet. The GearVR, google cardboard, and mobile versions are most user friendly thus far.
Post 26 IP   flag post
pthor private msg quote post Address this user
@DoyleRealtor it is the mesh view, thanks for taking notice. Obviously and naturally this view lacks in detail due to visual occlusion, light and glass conditions and the nature of the captured volumes.

I agree that the useability is high on mobile devices due to limited types of devices compared to Oculus builds. Yet their computation power are limited and the end result depend on the property.

We will see many more application areas of these technologies in the future. Currently there is quite a straight relationship between the level of detail of the model, the required computational power, the manual labour of preparing it for the chosen platform and thus the cost of the caoture equipment and the work itself.

Personally I believe the views complete eachother rather than exclude on or the other. You will see Matterport explorations on immersive treadmills in the near future.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
@DoyleRealtor @pthor we have done demos with both, and without a doubt the Gear VR with Showcase Beta demo was the real hit, it is extremely easy to use, to transport, cost effective and it just looks the bomb! The complexity of the oculus put people off, and mesh view raises concerns. It was certainly beneficial to use the Oculus to fill the gap and show the potential, but it simplyLike @DoyleRealtor we have been told our demo will be ready in the next 24hrs and we can't wait to show it off.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Just loading our demo on now...exciting!
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'm anxiously awaiting my finished product, I did have the opportunity to beta test a similar product that was a series of photo spheres linked together on Google Cardboard that a local company put together.

It was comparable to the GearVR experience
Post 30 IP   flag post

It's here! Loading it up now
Post 31 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Please let us know the results asap. I'm almost on my way out to buy a VR kit but still a bit unsure. The quality needs to be good for me to consider showing it to my clients.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Yep... it is awesome. Way better than the other VR content I've experienced. It was like actually being in the house. I had to resist the urge to try and walk forward or reach out and touch the environment around me. If it wasn't $400 and limited to 1 floor at this time I'd do it for all of our models. Once they get the cost down I'll be using it much more
Post 33 IP   flag post
Great. tnx @DoyleRealtor

Do MP have any good demo files that can share with us? I really dont want to spend an additional $400 just to demo one of my files.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote from Matterport developer "As it stands, until we get the app approved by oculus (Unknown timeframe) it will only work for users whitelisted in the build when it is created. That would be other users with the sideloaded app, however only devices we have explicitly enabled. (sharing the app itself is unfortunately useless, due to limitations imposed by oculus on apps that bypass their store.)"

Only a handful of us are beta testing it right now. I'd share mine with you but it wouldn't work on your device
Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
Whats the resolution/dpi like? From the photo it looks a bit fuzzy?
Post 37 IP   flag post
I took a picture of my TV with another phone while using the Gear VR & chromecast

I can't get a screen shot of it while it is in the gear because I can't get to the buttons.
Post 38 IP   flag post
LOL @DoyleRealtor ok.. so I assume quality is good as you said it was awesome.

Sorry to spam this thread but "until we get the app approved by oculus (Unknown timeframe)" Does that mean there a chance they wont get it approved?

Damm soo many questions. It's a large investment.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I think it just take a long time for apps to be approved, the have the demo app that ships with Gear VR so I'm sure they intent on making it work. The Gear VR & Note 4 are super fun for other things as well, and if you get the phone used on eBay you can always resell it later. I think I got mine for like $550 on eBay + $200 for Gear VR directly from Samsung.

I've got a few other apps for Gear VR that I really enjoy.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Our demo works a treat...very happy!
Post 41 IP   flag post

Just got our covers back for our 2 Samsung Gear VR's! Stoked! Let us know if you are interested in a similar solution...
Post 42 IP   flag post
Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice !!! My Gear Vr turned up today so now uploading and setting it up. Guess what I'll be doing all night - lol.

Hey Tim what sort of dollers to get that done ? Looks fantastic !
Post 43 IP   flag post
We've struck a deal with a company to have them done for $75
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Kracka60 Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka60
Nice !!! My Gear Vr turned up today so now uploading and setting it up. Guess what I'll be doing all night - lol

Will all take less than an hour mate, easy as pie...about a couple of days less than setting up the Oculus DK2...
Post 45 IP   flag post
http://doylerealestateteam.com/worlds-first-virtual-broker-open/
Post 46 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you are planning to ask Matterport to create a VR Showcase so that you can demo Matterport VR on Gear VR + Note 4, with one of your 3D models, here are three "must read" webpages:

1. Matterport Photographers: Gear VR + Note 4 – 16 Step Setup Check List by @DanSmmigrod

2. Matterport Photographers: How to Optimize Your 3D Tours for Gear VR by @Tim

3. Matterport Virtual Reality

Thanks,

Dan

That's me!
Post 47 IP   flag post
I requested more content for my next presentation, we'll see if they're able to provide any additional models. Sadly they have to build our unique Gear VR code into the app to allow it to be opened, so we can't just share our models quite yet. The one they did for me is the upper level of a new construction home with master bedroom, master bathroom, big closet, a couple of bedrooms, another bathroom and laundry room. I think it'd be fun to have one with the main level in it, there is a lot more detail in kitchens.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone tried the matterport GearVR Update v1.4?
How do you uninstall the current version?
Any changes other then working with lollypop?
Post 49 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
We Get Around Blog (10 June 2015) Matterport VR Showcase Coming Soon to Network and Cable TV: Travel and Buy/Sell/Renovate Home Shows

I shot this video of Forum Member, @YairYepez, while he experienced Matterport VR Showcase Beta for the first time ...

Dan

Post 50 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Just about to email off my first VR model, please can you confirm if the email address to send the request is vr@matterport.com and provide my device ID and a model under 50 scans? do I need to provide any other details?
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Rentertainment

Before you send off to vr@matterport.com, please read these two We Get Around blog posts:

Matterport Photographers: How to Optimize Your 3D Tours for Gear VR by Forum member Tim @TicketyView

Matterport Photographers: Gear VR + Note 4 – 16 Step Setup Check List by me

When we submitted our tour, we were asked to deactivate scans until the model had 50 or fewer scans active.

If your tour is selected for the Matterport VR Showcase Beta, then you will receive emails/paperwork regarding "next steps" ...

Thanks for asking,

Dan
Post 52 IP   flag post
I did another demonstration today at NAR Tech Edge in Minneapolis, MN. It was very well received, the Gear VR is always a crowd favorite. If any one has a local real estate or tech conference and would like me to come speak about digital showings/VR please contact me to make arrangements.

I have many great images of people trying it out.

Quick thank you to @DanSmigrod for volunteering his scan of condo in Atlanta for demonstration purposes. It turned out much better than the model that Matterport had created for me.

I'm anxious for the cost to come down and for people to be able to share their models in a public VR environment. It will be great for additional exposure of everyone's models
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DoyleRealtor and @Tim

Tips about doing a Matterport VR Showcase Beta demo for a group?

I have a demo scheduled with 20 executives this Tuesday morning.

Do you use Chromecast or just have volunteers describe the experience or both? My two-dozen demos so far have been one on one....

Thanks,

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
Both, it depends on the size of the audience and technology available. Sometimes it is more fun to have a volunteer describe what they're seeing, especially if it isn't your typical "techy" person.

The demonstrations are a crowd favorite that people will be talking about for weeks afterwards.
Post 55 IP   flag post
101709 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?