Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone!

The MP2SV.com service that you may have read about in the recent We Get Around Forum Newsletter is now closed. The website remains up to show a proof of concept of how incredible it would be if we could use our Matterport Cameras for Google Street View.

I have spoken with representatives at different levels at Matterport and they are enthusiastic about the idea of providing Google Street View directly through their platform for MSPs.

At this time, however, this is not a service that Matterport are providing. If the service becomes available, it will be exclusively offered through Matterport and not through 3rd party providers.

It is my understanding based upon the Terms of Service for Workshop that Matterport is granted exclusive license to our panoramas when we upload them from our camera to their platform.

It is also my understanding from the Terms of Service for our cameras that it is a terms of service violation to extract images directly from the camera to repurpose.

Matterport is very enthusiastic on building a community of fanatics and fueling the energy of 3rd party developers.

I remain committed to the Matterport Platform and enthusiastic about the future. I'm sad to see several projects such as mine and howner.com interrupted but have faith that we will have more opportunities in the future.

As Matterport has shut down the potential of many 3rd parties at this time, there will be a natural shift to look harder at other solutions such as the Ricoh Theta (hopefully a future version will satisfy my image quality needs). I am hoping that Ricoh will develop an app similar to Matterport Capture that will visually show where scans have occurred to assist in creating spaces similar to Matterport.

Everyone benefits when companies compete and I do feel that Matterport will need to fill the void that they have created to hedge out competition.

I feel that Matterport as a company is more than capable of doing this and it is my hope that our conceptual ideas such as the Howner platform, MP2SV.com, MP2SQFT etc and MP2VR will fuel Matterport with the energy to quickly bring these services to us through their own platform in a manner that is advantageous to all parties.

It is my hope to be one of the first developers to use Matterport's official API when it is finally released and it is my hope to work with Matterport in any capacity that I can to foster new ideas for this community and the entire user base of their products.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I hope matterport will wake up and take hands with 3rd party developers and create opportunities and a better business model
Post 2 IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of "hope" in the above comments. Lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
I am very disappointed in Matterport. If their platform is ever going to be more than just an expensive real estate showcase, it is going to have to open up and reward people who put in the time and effort to expand the vision.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I hate to date myself but this sounds so similar to a small company that came up with a great product but because they were so inclusive it flopped. The small company was "Sony" they developed a BETA VCR(video cassette recorder) their product and version was cutting edge and best on the market at the time. They were very inclusive at the time and had the best product on the market.

Because they stayed so inclusive at the time, even though the product was the best but did not embrace the concept to develop their idea as a product that could be produced by several companies. So because of that VHS was developed and exploded. That was the doom for Beta VCR's.

Even though they had the best product on the market it did not devolve into a user friendly product. VHS far exceeded Sony's product, at first Sony would not even build or support VHS style players. In the end Sony built and marketed VHS players, where only a small handful of companies built BETA. This occurred with VHS being a substandard product in a side to side comparison. VHS players were mass produced up to this year, BETA long gone.

I hope we are not holding on to a product that because of their inclusive business model are not caught up with a product that is doomed. I hear everybody's support and Matterport's continued promise to produce, but I do not see them doing this. They are having a hard time producing the products they advertised. These were their ideas for 3D modeling of the OBJ files, Mattertags with URL links. We have user developing products at lighting speed not to be a competitor of Matterport but to support their product. Especially if they cannot produce. It is not a down fall to admit you cannot do something, but embrace the vision of all. At this time Matterport has a good product, I will no longer say great because I see so many things it could be. Again I hope this is not a doomed product that we support.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry but I just see it as Matterport being heavy handed with nothing to back up their TOS which could possibly violate U.S. copyright laws.
I feel they are just going to try and get us for every cent they can!

Cannot wait for a product to enter the market that is close to the quality and convenience of the MP camera.

We have to offer this product in our business. We need to provide options to stay competitive. MP is the only one that meets our standards but as soon as there is another kid on the block things will change.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101438 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?