Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Cancelled: Matterport 2D Furniture Planner2642

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
https://mp2sqft.com/mp2dfp/

Here's a screenshot of the free Matterport 2D Furniture Planner that was a fun experiment that was yet to be formally announced...

Single Floor View:

Two Floor View:

Features included a library of 2D furniture models, Load / Save / Export to PNG / Share to social media and Print as well as full tablet support.

This tool was going to be a freebie for We Get Around Forum Members and is based on the platform that I developed at www.easyifp.com. I had yet to discuss it fully with Dan.

If anyone wants to play with it, the tool cached the floorplans for the few tours that I tested it with. I've prepopulated the URL field with the following tour:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=3orKVs3Zix7

Have fun playing

In theory, this tool can still exist if you take a screen grab of your floorplan in Workshop - but the quality won't be as good.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
As Dan stated, if MP will be able to nurture a healthy developer ecosystem, it'll be at their advantage. You are a living proof of how you are adding value to their platform (and I bet you are a threat too for future unreleased premium services that might be in their roadmap).

Regardless, I think MP should hire you eventually.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I have to give a shout out to @bonduell. I would love if he would reprogram his Workshop platform (if possible) into a proof of concept for display. It was mind blowing what he was capable of doing although it was a bit buried in his howner.com platform -- you had to jump a few hoops to find it. Absolutely outstanding work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Great work!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
that link just opens up a model for me... I can't play around with your furniture tools.

How do I see what that was like?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind... I wasn't trying the easyifp link but the showcase link.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Tosolini I have full confidence that Matterport will eventually nurture a healthy developer ecosystem by eventually releasing their API. I believe that they are behind on their own projections for when that was and will happen.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex360 you are probably right. A better approach to cutting out developers in the dark would be to post a note on this forum or contact some of the devs privately informing them that things are not baked on their end, so they have to shut down the APIs. Simple communications can go a long way.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Update - I have managed to get my tool back online. Expect it to go offline again within 24 hours:

https://mp2sqft.com/mp2dfp/
Post 9 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Awesome stuff hope you find the medium to get this to us soon.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101435 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?