Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objAdviceObject FileProblems

Point cloud to CAD Problems2636

Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
I have reached out to Veriscian support four times over the past few days and have yet to receive a response.

My unaddressed issue is the following: we have a project site with Veriscian and have uploaded a few of our models for PTS and CAD conversions. Upon the conversion of a point cloud file into ReCap and then trying to open the converted file in AutoCAD, the drawing file is missing and cannot open the file in CAD.

Thinking that it may be on Veriscian's end, I ordered a point cloud from the MP Beta and I'm experiencing the same issue.

Any advice is VERY much appreciated - at this point we have some very unhappy clients. Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I made a downloader tool that would allow you to directly download the generated point cloud that is now offline
Post 2 IP   flag post
JoshReadhead private msg quote post Address this user
@Invelop

Hi Stephen

Sincere apologies for taking so long to reply.

The process for importing the point cloud does vary depending on what version you have, but will attempt to troubleshoot as best I can. Judging by the error message, it sounds to me like you are trying to open the point cloud directly within AutoCad. For most AutoCad versions, the point cloud still needs to be imported (even though it's in the .rcs Autodesk format) while the drawing (.dwg) is the base file type for AutoCad. The best way to use the point cloud is to first open AutoCad, create a new drawing (.dwg), then import/insert the point cloud into your drawing. There are a few step guides I found from Googling this that might be helpful.

How to import point cloud
http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-6AA028D2-9F58-490B-B58E-B40F98BE245E
General info on point cloud
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-C0C610D0-9784-4E87-A857-F17F1F7FEEBE-htm.html

Unfortunately Autodesk don't make it easy. Even though you have a proprietary Autodesk point cloud format, it's still necessary to perform all of the steps to make it work with other Autodesk products.

I hope this helps a little. Apologies again for the delay in response

Best Regards

Josh
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?