Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Scans

Loosing connection between camera and ipad259

Dan private msg quote post Address this user
Hello I am new here and just starting with scanning. I immediately need your help. We work with ipad air. We continuesly loose connection with the matterport camera. During scans it sometimes announces, that the camera disconnected. Is there is something i am missing or doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan
Welcome Dan.
Have you replicated this problem in a different location to rule out interference?
Do you have a clean ipad? Nothing that could be causing a conflict?
My recommendation would be a reset on your iPad and try in a different t location
If it keeps happening, then look for other causes. Perhaps try a different ipad as well to rule out an issue with that.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan

Thank you for joining the Forum.

If the camera is finding a different wifi, try "forgetting" the other wifi.

Double-check that the ball stops spinning when you are connecting the camera to the iPad air in Settings.

Did you try closing out of the Matterport Capture app; and then, turning off by the Camera and the iPad for 10 seconds?

If you are in the midst of a project, Matterport will call you back within an hour of your call.

For the number, please see the Matterport Resources thread (#20).

If you reach out to Matterport Support, please let us know if they solve the puzzle a different way.

Thanks,

Dan (Smigrod)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dan private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie @Dan

Thanks for the help. This morning I succesfully finished the scan. Somehowe I could not connect to the camera on top of the stairs. In other rooms there was a connection.

I read in the information van Matterport to put out the cellular data in the capture app. I did that, but i don't know what this does.

When you are scanning the next floor, is it necesary tot start on top of the stairs? This was the moemnt weher the problems began...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan For help on scanning stairs and multiple floors, please see this Forum thread about stairs and second floor scan.

If you do not see the answer to your question about stairs/floor, please post your question there.

Thanks,

Dan (Smigrod)
Post 5 IP   flag post
101268 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?