Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanCamerasSell

New Matterport Camera? Upgrade old Camera?2579

bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
What do you think, will matterport upgrade old cameras when they will have made a new one? I think theoretically it possible, need replace depth sensor only.
Or maybe now is time to sell old mp cameras?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@bonduell I think it will be a miracle of they offer an upgrade program. Finding the new 2k image tiles within showcase's file structure was shocking, wasn't it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@metroplex360 if they not, I will try to do it by myself So, they use openni data exchange standart compatible with many depth sensors, like kinect, real sense etc. Inside camera we can find usb hub, what is standart for this type of devices. What can stop me? ready-to-use kinect 2 pricing is 65$.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@bonduell If you were able to purchase a "Matterport 2", tear it down, and figure out how to do this (if it were possible), then there's a new 3rd Party Service that I'd love to buy

Has anyone done a tear down of a Matterport camera?
Post 4 IP   flag post
@metroplex360 Of course I did it
3 PrimeSense modules inside designed for mass production. USB hub and linux Every PrimeSense modul connected to motherboard through USB slots. It's easy to change it to other modules. But I don't know yet what modules they will have used. We'll see
Post 5 IP   flag post

@metroplex360
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

See this Forum discussion ...

Looking Inside the Matterport Camera by @360Verbeelding

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
So I totally understand what @bonduell is talking about concerning Matterport offering an upgrade/buy back program and agree with him that it makes sense.

I didn't realize they were bundling 3 non-proprietary cameras in a custom casing...

And all this time I thought Matterport was a camera manufacturer. They are a 3rd Party Developer!

And I now understand the conversation about Apple's acquisition of PrimeSense possibly forcing Matterport to develop a new camera due to the availability of the product. I searched and it seems that Intel among others are also developing similar products -- just no one is bundling 3 together with a platform and capture app like Matterport.

Now on this tech sheet, it says that the PrimeSense Carmine 1.09 has a maximum color image CMS of 640x480... so... that's below the quality of what we are receiving... I'm confused.

http://www.i3du.gr/pdf/primesense.pdf
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
The Matterport Camera stops 8 times right ... so 8 x 640 = 5,120... Cube faces are 4 x 1024 = 4096... so if my very simplistic math adds up, then it makes sense that we get the resolution that we get...

Does anyone have a more intelligent way of phrasing this?
Post 9 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, it stops 6 times.
Design is realy simple, 3 Kinetic arrays, Linuc comp. 6 USB out on board. Embedded storage, wifi module and a stepper motor.
Matterport is NOT a camera developer, they develop software.

Happy scanning,
Grtz Rene.
Post 10 IP   flag post
sstarkey private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a new camera that Matterport has discussed releasing or are we just talking theoretical here?
Post 11 IP   flag post
We analyzed some changes made by Matterport and decided that they are preparing for producing a new camera.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@360Verbeelding 6 times 640 = 3840 maximum pixels if no overlap... this must mean that the Matterport Camera is already upscaling photos if our cube sizes are 1024 x 4 = 4096.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?