Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Free MP2SQFT.com Calculates SQ FT and Metres2568

KateKratochvil private msg quote post Address this user
Well that was the coolest thing! I put in the link to my model and it took less than a second. Literally. Absolutely amazing!!!! Thank you!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@KateKratochvil Please note, most of the information is sourced from camera data that is embedded deep within the showcase platform. The 'magic' part of the tool is the studio component as it uses image analysis and comparisons to adjust values recorded by the camera. It's pretty accurate from my tests, but not perfect.

If Matterport make changes to their platform, the tool may cease to work and I will do everything that I can to adapt the tool to still provide whatever functionality is possible from the hidden tools that can be data mined from the camera information.
Post 27 IP   flag post
KateKratochvil private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's great. I was measuring with the measure tool in the Workshop, and spending at least 10 minutes, and I'm sure that wasn't entirely accurate, either! Tax records are definitely not accurate. I advertise as charging xx per scanned sqft, so this tool will work perfect for invoicing. I hope it doesn't go away!
Post 28 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 , it appears your tool has gained much popularity and will be taken away. I just saw this on "Matterport official announcement" section. I'm confident that MP will eventually build something similar as they mention use of it in their beta program.

"For developers -- Experimental features such as "sq meters" expected to become inaccessible next week
MP-Scott created · 2 hours ago · edited · 2 hours ago
Some of our more talented and curious community developers have discovered data from experimental features accompanying Matterport spaces. Some of this, like the "sq meters" data, has garnered a lot of enthusiasm and even tools built on it. Unfortunately, as much as we love the enthusiasm, we are planning to make this sort of experimental data inaccessible next week.

For third-party developers using this feature, we know this is probably frustrating, and we apologize for the headache. We love our vibrant developer community, and we want to do all we can to foster it. But, experimental data is experimental for a reason. It may not be thoroughly tested enough, it may have serious flaws or inaccuracies, and most importantly, we don't want our customers to rely on data that we cannot fully stand behind. But there's some good news! We are hoping to further develop these feature, and then offer them as part of our formal beta program. We don't yet have a timeline for that, though.

Again, we apologize for the changes, and look forward to re-introducing "sq meters" and other functionality soon!"
Post 29 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
wow, THAT's a slap in the face... for all of us
Post 30 IP   flag post

Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Well at least the pressure will be on them to get it included as a standard feature.
We do need our martyrs for progress to happen
Post 31 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@CarlosFHdz, @ArchimedStudio - I am absolutely flattered by being officially called 'talented and curious'

@Jamie - I could not agree with you more!!!! I'm not upset for myself; however, I did really love what MP2SQFT could mean for us as a community. I don't want to sound conceited, but from my conversation with Matterport over MatterXport, I took away the fact that there was increased pressure on them now to get the API up and running to both foster 3rd party development and to also enforce usage of an API Key for data... we'll see.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Yep agree with that.it's a shame that they are going to remove it and your work will be lost. Perhaps they should hire you for their r&d.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Jamie I've always felt that the two people who have done the most for Matterport in the 3rd party sector are Ross Peterson and Dan Smigrod.

Ross Peterson built a platform for building large websites that unlocks the marketing potential of Matterport tours on a large scale that ANYONE can use.

Dan Smigrod built a platform that fosters the growth of Matterport photographers both technically and professionally through marketing resources and referral opportunities.

I've just poked them with a stick for not making the features I want and they are poking me back.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Yep they have both done an invaluable job. The forum is an excellent resource for us all and something Dan should be very proud to have started.
I still learn new things all the time, and that's a great thing. Dan obviously puts in a ton of work and it's much appreciated by many people
Post 35 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360,

Thank you for taking the time to develop, what I would consider, an essential tool for many of us Matterport Service Providers. It is a shame that the lifetime of this tool is going to be very short lived. This bring other concerns to mind as there are now a number of 3rd party solutions that are taking advantage of data that has been exposed, perhaps without 'permission' from Matterport. Is this going to be a trend in Matterports business practices? I have to imagine, that their projected numbers for VR conversion must be down since there are now other services that allow us to convert our showcases to VR with a 3rd party service that is cheaper and faster! I believe that Matterport will do what they think is necessary to protect their interests and if that means crippling competing 3rd party vendors, I believe that is what they will do.

Very unfortunate,
Jon
Post 36 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
It's sad on one side, but at the same time it shows MP's platform potential as well as our community's strength. I'm proud of the tools already available (MP2VR, MP2SV, MP2SF, WP3D, and so many more yet to come).

If Matterport doesn't catch up with faster developments, soon they will be approached by competitors, other platforms, to me that is obvious, and too slow for a USD 50M startup - a basic tag URL should be implemented in 1 week.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
What a bunch of bull when they say "We love our vibrant developer community, and we want to do all we can to foster it". If that's the case, then why are they going to shut it down? No one is asking Matterport to "Stand behind" any of this data. No one is holding them accountable for a third party app. Seems to me that they come across as greedy. Its not good enough that they get all the hosting as well as uploading fees. They are already trying to compete with us in the tour business by trying to sell cameras directly to Realtors. I cant help but smell Greed Greed Greed.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@hometakes I do agree with you that their statement was erroneous in assuming that we expect Matterport to stand behind the data.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
hmmm..
'We love our vibrant developer community, and we want to do all we can to foster it.'
To date I cannot think of anything Matterport has provided us developers. We've been waiting on the API for years now.
Post 40 IP   flag post
bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport draw floorplans for a fee instead of infrastructure creating for MSP. They are changing landing face twice in month.. I think it's wrong way to grow up their business.
Now we are developing really big platform for 3D matterport listings, so, is it mean that tomorrow they close the door and make something like this?
Post 41 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
If Ronald Reagan was alive he'd say:
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from MATTERPORT and I'm here to help"

Not commenting further for now, there is no point on being rude.

Gus, The Disgruntled (?)
Post 42 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
You know what. I'm optimistic that this tool is not going away.

The official statement given from their rep was courteous and given as a kind warning that we as developers should not rely on the data being there for our tools to work.

I realize that I had read their statement to be explicitly that we shouldn't rely on the accuracy of the data -- and felt that they were removing it because we were -- but actually, the message also states that we shouldn't rely on that data to be accessible as it is not supported by Matterport as a feature/benefit of their platform.

From that perspective, it's simple to say -- If you offer a 3rd Party Service, make sure to state that the terms and conditions of the service availability is contingent upon the availability of developer features in Matterport utilized by the service.

I do think that this line is enigmatic -- "Again, we apologize for the changes, and look forward to re-introducing "sq meters" and other functionality soon!"

Wait... they never introduced that functionality in the first place! I [formally] introduced that as a function of the Matterport Camera Data!
Post 43 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 They might also RE-introduce that feature in which we were able to put furniture and change the colors of the walls and floors. And I truly hope they RE-Stand behind it.

If it sounded sarcastic,it was kind of intended that way.
Post 44 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
This seems to be what i have come to expect from a company who's sole business model is to sell uploads and hosting of scans. I wish I had invested in Matterport in it's early days. It seems that before long the only people that will profit from this tool will be the investors themselves. There seems to be very little that Matterports doing to help Matterport service providers to prosper. Has anyone actually had a good lead from them yet?

Our only saviours out there at the moment are the @DanSmigrod 's @metroplex360's @GarySynder's and and Ross from WP3D who are pushing the limits in helping us offer tools to our clients which can give us a commercial advantage. Keep pushing the limits guys we love ya :-)
Post 45 IP   flag post
oliverhuen private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I have just tried the service and it is pretty promising! So I get to know how big my scan really is.

The original scan is here:https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=2enoTYSp5Jg

Post 46 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
Really really very usefull and efficient tool. Thanks a lot Metroplex360 and Dan to make us reach this uniqe tool.It makes me save 5-15 miutes to calculate the area.

BR

Ali
Post 47 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously, mp2sqft is a better functionality release for the production part than any of the production related functionality that Matterport has released.

I can´t even remember the last time we got any new support for the production process. Don´t get me wrong, end user functionality like Mattertags are more important than production functionality, because that´s what allows us to charge money for this.

However, if Matterport change this around with the purpose of just removing the functionality, that´s a total asshat move. I hope we can keep using this excellent tool until they integrate their own version directly in the workshop.

The SqFt calculation is amazing, I use it not only to sanity check my pricequotes, but also to double check the agents floorplan and let them know if I think the stated SqFt is wrong.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Guys!
What are you talking about?
This service made by Matterport! All data calculated automatically by Matterport and stored inside every space.
Tool powered by Metroplex only put this data on the screen.

I'm sure that this tool not ready yet for publishing on official website because has many measurement errors.

Metroplex goes faster than Matterport and that's the reason why Matterport was confused.
Post 49 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
@bonduell There's no comparison . mp2sqft provides this info with one mouse click. Where is matter ports ability to offer that without making measurements in the workshop?
Post 50 IP   flag post
@scanman

They are not present this tool yet. I think they are not ready. There's so many errors.
Post 51 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I really don't understand why everybody is so upset, Matterport is a great company. It has never advertised a tool and not followed up in a timely manor. So the reality is that if Matterport said there is going to be a change in programing to disrupt this tool, then it tells me that Matterport chooses what they want to focus on and the speed they want to follow up on items that impact the users. Again don't get me wrong, I enjoy the tool, I like the product, but again Matterport support is not there. It seems that they have no problem with input from users but like I have said for about two years it seems Matterport shows me they like to show us who is in charge and instead of embracing the ideas and input and work as a collaborating effort to make this tool even better they choose to fight us every step of the way. Maybe we will be lucky and they will work as fast on the reprograming as they worked on Mattertags, so we will be able to use it for about two years. So the reality is this will show us how Matterport really works, do they continue to look at users with good ideas as competition or look at us as a good pool of information and collaborate with us not try to bottle neck it at every turn. Just my input.

Ron
Post 52 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@bonduell It's not a secret that the information on MP2SQFT is sourced from camera information. I published links to the files in use months ago on MatterXport. The difference between publishing a link to a file and making a tool like this is rather obvious -- MP2SQFT has additional features that people find useful.
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ CarlosFHdz
@Metroplex360 ...

"... Some of our more talented and curious community developers have discovered data from experimental features accompanying Matterport spaces. Some of this, like the "sq meters" data, has garnered a lot of enthusiasm and even tools built on it. Unfortunately, as much as we love the enthusiasm, we are planning to make this sort of experimental data inaccessible next week [week of 12 September 2016].

For third-party developers using this feature, we know this is probably frustrating, and we apologize for the headache. We love our vibrant developer community, and we want to do all we can to foster it. But, experimental data is experimental for a reason. It may not be thoroughly tested enough, it may have serious flaws or inaccuracies, and most importantly, we don't want our customers to rely on data that we cannot fully stand behind. But there's some good news! We are hoping to further develop these feature, and then offer them as part of our formal beta program. We don't yet have a timeline for that, though.

Again, we apologize for the changes, and look forward to re-introducing "sq meters" and other functionality soon!"

@Metroplex360

In light of the above, perhaps the following text changes on www.MP2SQFT.com would enable Matterport to feel good about allowing your (essential) tool to remain free for the community and live.

1. Add "Beta" as in MP2SQFT BETA
2. Add, in big print, Experimental, as in ...
Experimental M2SQFT Beta
3. Add Matterport's concern to the webpage:

"... Some of our more talented and curious community developers have discovered data from experimental features accompanying Matterport spaces. Some of this, like the "sq meters" data, has garnered a lot of enthusiasm and even tools built on it. Unfortunately, as much as we love the enthusiasm, we are planning to make this sort of experimental data inaccessible next week [week of 12 September 2016].

----

4. About the disclaimers presently live on www.MP2SQFT.com ...

----

MP2SQFT v2.0 Powered by @Metroplex360 | Presented by WE GET AROUND 3D2VR FORUM

Disclaimer: MP2SQFT is a tool that provides analysis of camera data for tours shot after the November 2015 Firmware Update.

----

Make the disclaimer text bigger and change the disclaimer text to ...

----

Disclaimers:

1. The Experimental MP2SQFT Beta Capture Tool is a service of @Metroplex360 and presented by WE GET AROUND 3D2VR FORUM.

2. Metroplex360 and WE GET AROUND 3D2VR FORUM are not affiliated with Matterport. Matterport does not encourage and does not support the use of Experimental MP2SQFT Beta Capture Tool.

3. Experimental MP2SQFT Beta Capture Tool provides analysis of Matterport experimental camera data that Matterport says "... may have serious flaws or inaccuracies, and most importantly, we don't want our customers to rely on data that we cannot fully stand behind. ..."

4. Experimental MP2SQFT Beta Calculator Tool is compatible with Matterport Spaces created after a Matterport November 2015 firmware update.

Best,

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
@metroplex360 Your tool is great! No one could say that the tool is not lovely. But I told to hot guys, that the Matterport are working over new features and do all their best to be on the top. They couldn't give to customers product As Is, like yours. Measurements should be perfect!
Post 55 IP   flag post
101438 82 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?