Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceScanningStrategy

I need to connect two separate models2550

KateKratochvil private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned a home that had a detached garage with an apartment over it, so I have 2 separate models. It would be great if I could put a Mattertag in the main model with a link to the apartment model. Someone on the FB forum made that happen, but with the same instructions, it did not work for me.

**What worked for him:
write "[Link](your url)" in mattertag description (without quotes)

Is there another way to present two separate models? Or has anyone successfully put a link in a Mattertag some other way?
Post 1 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Any chance of going back to the property and scanning the path / link from the main house to the garage?

But scanning this path during dusk so that you can get and link 3D data from the house to garage.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I tried that while I was there and the sun was too bright. I'm trying to accomplish this without having to go back in the evening, if at all possible.
Post 3 IP   flag post
fsmith private msg quote post Address this user
> but with the same instructions, it did not work for me.
>
Well, what happened when you tried?
Post 4 IP   flag post
With help from Lisa Hinson, I figured it out. I just had to get out of the workshop. lol.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cool - anything you can share. Love to see it in action. so see how the linking works :-)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Rootsyloops private msg quote post Address this user
There is a way to link them? I did a house with a guesthouse and didnt know this was possible. How do you link them?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ok, I am so elated about this. Lisa Hinson is to thank.

Make a Mattertag. Title it (Mine said Tour the Guest Apartment)Then in the Details box type [link name](URL)

This is my finished product. The Mattertag is towards the back wall of the great room:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6x6M1GT9mg3
Post 8 IP   flag post
Oh, and you have to publish it, and leave the workshop for it to turn into a link!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I think that the user will be quite annoyed with not being able to click their back button and go back to the main house.
Post 10 IP   flag post
At the second model (the guest apartment) there is a very obviously located Mattertag that takes you back to the main house.
Post 11 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
@KateKratochvil

Would I be right in assuming the link from the Mattertag will take you to the starting point of the other scan?

Can you link out to anywhere or just another MP scan?

Thanks!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Olivius private msg quote post Address this user
I tried the feature and it seems to work for everything really good news !! Great to show extra descriptions, information forms, extra photos, videos and even extra downloads. Really think we will see new features with the power of the web enable in our showcases
Post 13 IP   flag post
I am guessing if you use the parameter identified by Metroplex360 in an earlier thread "qs=1" you can get the guest apartment to load in no time!
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=gHQH7vHYHBF&play=1&qs=1
You can also make the link back super fast (with this parameter) though the penalty for the speed is no Dollhouse I guess.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmorell
@KateKratochvil

Would I be right in assuming the link from the Mattertag will take you to the starting point of the other scan?

Can you link out to anywhere or just another MP scan?

Thanks!

It does go to the starting point of the 2nd model. I haven't tried to link to anything except another model.
Post 15 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
You can link out to other sites. It does not have to be another model.
Post 16 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
parameters in the URL defeat the starting location when traveling between models and dumps you in a random spot. i wanted to use &start=1 to kill the dollhouse and my continuity was lost.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=h9cg5FUdoQH

this is 3 models (and 2 copies of 2 of them to account for different start locations.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101429 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?