Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MP2SV

MP2SV: MP to Google Street View Service2542

Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I just have to say Apple didn't become the #1 selling phone overnight, creating miles and miles of lines on launch days, without opening their doors to 3rd party apps. Actually they created a whole world around "there's an app for that" The way I see it is they can become the world best virtual cameras hardware manufacturer with tons of 3rd party apps, possibly even hosted on their server like an app store, or they will fall on their face when the next great open source camera comes along. At this point I prefer the later due to their lack of commitment.
Post 26 IP   flag post
AttractiveListing private msg quote post Address this user
I recently learned about the MP2SV service and was very excited. We are the in-house preferred vendor for the largest single RE/MAX office in the entire U.S., 5th in the world! After having some discussions with Chris over at MP2SV, I decided that we were going to offer this as an add on service. Tuesday I made the announcement at the monthly office meeting only to receive an email yesterday from Chris that they were being shut down. What an embarrassment this whole mess is. I don't typically announce things without watching it for a while. This is an office that has very high visibility. We were the first in Houston to heavily market Matterport and it started right here with this office. Now I've got to deal with how to backtrack...
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
An example of why Matterport to Google Maps is an essential tool (and we can not understand why Matterport will not allow 3rd party developers, such as @Metroplex360, to offer this tool.)

That's 100,000 views from some test shots of a hotel room that I published on 1 August 2016: less than 2.5 months ago.

Imagine the added value that we can provide our clients by scanning once and publishing twice.

I could imagine that Matterport has plans to offer publishing to Google Maps. That said, in the mean time, they should allow these 3rd party services to provide this powerful benefit to the Matterport Community. And learn from the experience too.

While the following is just for some 360ยบ test shots in my hotel room while attending Inman Connect San Francisco, you get the idea ...

Dan

Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
For comparison, our 287 Matterport models have 481,100 impressions and 50,200 views since July 2014 (2 years and 3 months).

Dan

Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, the Google tours get insane amounts of traffic -- I'm rather shocked when I get these e-mails
Post 30 IP   flag post

srennick private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone catch me up regarding the difference between what Howner is providing and what MP2SV WAS able to provide? Why wasn't Howner shut down?
Post 31 IP   flag post
bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
@srennick
Hey! Very interested why Howner should be shut down?
BTW Howner not provided MP2SV service.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@bonduell - You were providing a Street View solution -- initially Street View, then a self serve pano download. I believe that Matterport asked you to terminate your service -- although I believe that their removal of certain assets affected you more. You developed such an amazing 'Workshop' application.
Post 33 IP   flag post
bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
We are not providing this service, @metroplex360, you know. But matterport users can download facebook ready 360 degree panos. Matterport not asked us to stop this service.
Post 34 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
@bonduell instead of shut down I should of said the Matterport version of "cease and desist".

Really just want to know what the difference is between what the 2 platforms provide, and is there a tool STILL available that can plug a Matterport tour into Google SV.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Metroplex360 See 18:00 into the above video ...

----

@Metroplex360 See 14:00 into the above video ...

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
101436 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?