Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesTips

Constructive Criticism Wanted2536

vchelf private msg quote post Address this user
We got our camera and shot our first tour yesterday. In order to get better, I'd love to get some constructive criticism on what we could have done better. Here is the link:

https://my.matterport.com/models/7qzdbFHAJgg
Post 1 IP   flag post
GardinerW private msg quote post Address this user
Looks pretty good to me. I am new to this so I will defer to those who know better, but wondering whether lowering the camera in the bathroom would allow you to avoid seeing it in the mirror. That view may look weird compared to the others, however, so curious what others do in that situation.

Also, any gotchas you experienced as a first time user? I am waiting on my tripod to come on Friday and then plan to do some tests of my own.

Best of luck,

Gardiner
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
It's Ok for your first time out.
1. Keep the camera to the outside as this is were you are getting your photos from.
2. Many more photos if you choose walk thru mode in the highlights area it will do the walk thru in the order of the photos.
3. you missed turning on a few lights.
4. NO deck shoots ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
One suggestion I have when sharing your Showcase... use the sharing link that matterport gives after you make the model public and not the workshop model URL.

For instance... you shared https://my.matterport.com/models/7qzdbFHAJgg

I, personally would have shared
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=7qzdbFHAJgg

That second URL doesn't include the ability to open up the workshop.

Of course, there's not much anyone can do in the workshop without being given administrative privileges to edit the model, but I just don't give that link away myself.

Or perhaps I could only open your workshop because I have my own Matterport account? Not sure how that works...
Post 4 IP   flag post
vchelf private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the great feedback. Another question. In a model where you are upstairs - do you mark the stair railing as a window so people don't jump to the first floor or is that overthinking this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
Very nicely done.

You did great with the "trim" feature. Your dollhouse view has nice even lines to it. I didn't spend a lot of time looking through it all, but here are just a couple words of advice that you probably already know:

I always turn on ALL the lights and turn off ALL fans. I try to keep the tripod legs close together so the feet are not visible in the scan when the viewer looks down. That will be more important when VR headsets come into widespread use.

When shooting a doorway opening; scan 18" on each side of the entrance if you expect people to move through while exploring the property. Otherwise, there could be an invisible barrier that hinders movement.

Keep up the great work.

Best,
Rick
Post 6 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
@vchelf No, this would likely create barriers to entry in other parts of the model. Jumping over the bannisters will not cause any injury.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@vchelf Sorry jumping on the band wagon a bit late! This is a great scan for your first one!
Everybody has a personal preference with the height of the tripod - personally I put it lower so that it doesn't feel like I'm going to hit my head on door ways etc but also so I don't feel like I'm having to look all the way down at the ground for your next cirle/scan. Same goes for having the camera showing in the bathroom - I'm not bothered by this at all I want to make sure to showcase all features of the property including sinks and if that means seeing the camera - oh well!
One suggestion I have is when taking your still shots make sure that your lines are straight - this is super important in real estate photography. Choose a straight line - a door frame, pillar anything that has a straight edge really and line up your image with that before taking it.

Have a great day!

Marcia
Post 8 IP   flag post
101422 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?