Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Stabilizer

Ricoh Theta S - Video Stabilizer2517

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi @GeorgeK

I received a video stabilizer today (29 August 2016) - designed and promoted for smartphones and GoPros - that should be PERFECT for the Ricoh Theta S. @TrustedPhotoDC posted to this Matterport User Group Forum thread that he felt my walking 360º video of the 4th of July Parade on St. Simons Island was in need of stabilization.

It's a surprisingly simply design. I was expect to pay a few hundred for a motorized gyro stabilizer and have a somewhat big "thing" at the end of the pole. With this video stabilizer and a Ricoh Theta S, you would not see the pole at all. Just the outreached hand ...

I could imagine you walking through a house-for-sale listing and giving your color commentary.

Obviously not meant for MLS, but I could imagine that this could be an easy, fast and affordable solution for real estate agents (that are tech savvy like you), using the combination of the Ricoh Theta S and the stabilizer.

I could also imagine Matterport Pros - enabling their agent clients to do this - and handling the post production and delivery of the 360º spherical video on YouTube and Facebook.

I add this stabilizer to my Matterport Gear and Accessories shopping list in the Ricoh Theta S section. It's $49.99 on Amazon and is available via Amazon Prime shoppers ...

Your thoughts from the perspective as an agent/Matterport Pro?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Dinner plans for tonight - and busy week - so it will likely be Labor Day Weekend before I get to take it for a spin and report back here ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
I am not sure that the 360 video is really the way to go. Here is the reason. Youtube is not really a great place for "traffic" and driving people to Youtube is somewhat difficult.

But if you are thinking that way, its time for me to spend some time and take another look at this. I have seen this same devise (stabilizer) advertised on Facebook.

I am excited to see how this works for you.

g.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GeorgeK

You could also post the 360º video to Facebook

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
TLeeJr private msg quote post Address this user
I have been interested in using the Ricoh Theta S imagery in my RE (and other) photography business. I have reviewed this stabilizer device on-line and am not clear how the Theta would work with this device? Does this stabilizer have an upward facing 1/4" threaded male fitting? or were you thinking of using the calming device in some way? It seems to me using the Theta S with a hand held stabilized that was not extended straight up above the operator would result in a video in which the operator was a main feature of the image, or is that what you're envisioning? I've used stabilizers to provide RE video from my DSLR and they work quite well, but it has a single forward facing point of view, not spherical.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TLeeJr

Welcome to the Matterport User Group Forum.

Good news ...

The Ricoh Theta S and this stabilizer pair nicely (without any mount fitting between the two (see photo).

The real estate agent may still be front and center, but I could still imagine this being a very effective use of the Ricoh Theta S.

I anticipate testing over this Labor Day Holiday (2016) weekend.

Best,

Dan

Post 5 IP   flag post
101435 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?