Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Does My Company Name Suck?2494

StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Ok...honest opinions...and I will NOT get offended.

I started my business thinking it would be just Matterport.

September 1 I'm offering a variety of services all related to visual and virtual (aerial drone stills and video, interactive 3d Floor Plans, Staging, Matterport, Self Promotion Video Commercials, professional photography (getting there) blah, blah...)

Current Name: Perfect View 3D
Proposed New Name: The Real Estate Production Company
Tagline - Virtual and Visual Solutions for Real Estate Brokers

I've already registered the name with the state and all the corporate stuff but before I enter the black hole of endless marketing costs I thought I'd as for critiques and criticisms.

Take of the boxing gloves and let me have it!

(oh...and if you know someone who is good at logos PM me)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chris private msg quote post Address this user
Your new name is very long.

Perhaps you could just modify the existing name to retain some of your name recognition.

What about "The Perfect View"

I currently run SmartView Media which I feel is a rather broad name that allows us to offer similar services to you without being pigeon hold.

I don't actually think your current name is bad. Is it just the 3D part you don't like?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lbelland private msg quote post Address this user
Contact Megan Paulsen for branding. Email her at: MeganTaylorCreative@gmail.com

Your company name: not sure about the "real estate" production company. I'd go more organic especially if you're appealing to brokers wanting to sell homes.

For the tagline: "Visual Marketing Solutions That Every Home Seller Wants and Needs."
Post 3 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing wrong with the name you have selected, but remember the "less is more" philosophy. Also, be sure to check into website names when you're deciding. Good luck
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I have a long name and it is 23 characters long. Wish I would have gone with something smaller. Just a lot to type for going to the website and for emails.
Post 5 IP   flag post
janci private msg quote post Address this user
In my oppinion, it is too generic, it might be hard to distinguish from other similar generic company names and does not "carry" enough branding.
Post 6 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Twitter, Google and Cracker Barrel keep reminding us that companies can succeed wildly, regardless of what their name is. I've always thought that the tagline and branding play a bit role in explaining what a company does and making some free associating people say "love" when someone else says "Subaru." There's a method behind an ad agency's madness who essentially manipulate our minds.

I like "The Real Estate Production Company" -- as a potential tag line.
For me, it invoked an image of a movie set complete with cameras, a director, scripts and actors came to mind. Maybe that came to mind because of the services you provide.

Imagine people envisioning that type of image when they think of your company. I even think the word "THE" has value in the phrase, "The Real Estate Production Company." It's not just "a" real estate production company. It's THE real estate production company. Here's a successful analogy ..

Reddit, which an enigmatic name to begin with, is not a front page of the Internet. It's THE front page of the Internet.

Everyone has some good ideas, especially about company name length. Now all you need is a company name to go with a tag line. "The Real Estate Production Company" could be one, or as suggested, you might want to replace "Real Estate" with something else if you don't want people to think that's all you do.

Also remember that a tag line can surround a company logo. As today's drug commercials show, tag lines and a clever branding campaign can seemingly turn any string of random letters into a successful product.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, since you've already registered it, I think you're past the point of going back. I do side with 'short' names over long names. I picked my name in 2006 (Metroplex360) to identify that I'm based in the DFW Metroplex and that 360 (Virtual Tours) was a key product. That was long before offering Matterport.

I think that if you are offering photography, video, drone and Matterport and offering single property websites, you can make a compelling presentation to support the title of your website and do quite well with good marketing.

If you're just offering Matterport, no.
Post 8 IP   flag post
cire385 private msg quote post Address this user
Good call on taking 3D out. It took me forever to figure out a name. Did a lot of homework on the subject. Do some googling on picking a business name, they say keep it short, don't limit yourself, and its got to be easy to roll off the tongue when answering the phone. Hard part is when you find something you like has it already been taken and is there a domain available. I got lucky on that one. Then all the BS of rebranding everything. But if you get the right one it can make all the difference. Good Luck
Post 9 IP   flag post
CDM private msg quote post Address this user
Just some advice from when we started. I have 17 years experience in commercial photography and much of that stems from creating images that "brand" a product or service.

So when we started INVELOP we wanted to have a name that not only encapsulated but encompassed our service. Our name is not completely descriptive of what we do but it relates in with much cognitive effect. Matterport scans envelop the viewer in the space. We spelled it with an "I" to further create individualism and a connection and to raise interest. misspelled words can be intriguing ex. FLCKR. I receive complements on our name and logo weekly when scanning or on sales calls.

Next advice: focus great attention on the Logo. You own a visual company, regardless of your name, Brand yourself with the logo! Think visual interpretation like Nike or any company you recognize the logo with a name not attached to it! Then you have achieved both visual and cognitive meaning in your company presence. ext I separated the IN into a circle and used negative space.

With all this being said, please look at our Facebook for appropriate logo. Our webpage features the very first version of the logo and is yet to be updated.

BTW - I do logo design as well or can recommend you to another great guy that does logo design.

https://www.facebook.com/invelopnow/?fref=ts
www.chrismalacarne.com

THX CHRIS
Post 10 IP   flag post
101640 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?