Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
OK...I'm out of the loop a lot doing my thing. Today, one of my clients forwarded me this link. If anything is worth while I would consider adding the service to my business.

Competition

I was embarrassed by the quality and the difficulty in navigation although the concept seems reasonable.

Is anyone else competing against this? If so, please share your thoughts.

Right off the bat I WILL NOT be offering this as a service.

Thoughts???
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Don't like it...
Post 2 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously no comparison on what Matterport doesand price wise you get what you pay for.
Post 3 IP   flag post
janci private msg quote post Address this user
...horrible quality and user experience
Post 4 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
No threat there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Bad UI and UX. Are they using photogrammetry to build the model? Will have to examine on desktop later.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like 360 panos tied together with short hand-held videos tying together the pano points. The result is quite amateurish.

Haven't seen it before.
Post 7 IP   flag post
justlist3D private msg quote post Address this user
The only clear advantage is the ability to record video within the tour...Kolor can do that. I'm not sure what he's using to construct his models. I have an agent local that is requesting the ability to be inserted in their tours so I am learning Kolor at the moment. I will post an example when I get it done. You can shoot with any decent camera that has video capabilities. I shoot with a Canon 6D. Thanks for the share!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks. You all share my thoughts. Need to investigate Kolor myself now.

@ Justlist3D...You're welcome. I know I come across like an ass sometimes but my concern is for everyone in this forum and I'm always here to help.

Just like Dave who just called me 20 minute ago to ask for marketing help. :-)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Nfinitevr private msg quote post Address this user
Did you see the prices
Post 10 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's silly.
Post 11 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Only real competitor I have seen and they are not out yet is from this post, worth a look if have not already Steve.. (and anyone else for that matter)

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/1940/disruptive-technology/
Post 12 IP   flag post
@smcclell Thanks for the link. I did not see it.

I bought my new car four months ago today and it has just under 15,000 miles on it so I'm not able to keep up as much as I'd like.

The truth is, the technology is completely secondary to me and my business model. If there is a profitable market for whatever technology becomes available I will consider it.

I've learned a TON in the last year and what's cool and breaking edge technology DOES NOT mean people will spend money on it...

...especially Realtors. Cheap bastards. haha
Post 13 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
No threat and not even lose to what we have with Matterport.

Horrible navigation and panning makes you feel nauseas.
Post 14 IP   flag post
CDM private msg quote post Address this user
I could not wait to get that off my screen! I would not even consider that competition for matterport.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@CDM I agree...the part of walking down the street...I tried to stop it and do something different but couldn't. It was very aggravating to me.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveHattan - I -love- the idea behind this. Looks like it's GoPro driven or something similar. The interface ruins everything. If this were done correctly, it would be a VERY saleable product.
Post 17 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't even work on my google chrome.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan
Hey Steve - with the other side of our business we use the Kolor software. I don't use it myself but it has the ability to do the video transitions from pano to pano. The quality of this is soo incredibly poor and badly done it blows me away! They aren't even proper 360 panos which is so odd. Not to mention the colours and quality of the images themselves are very poor. I don't think you have any competition! Some of my colleagues used Kolor to create a tour including video for a now archived bit of the Auckland War Memorial Museum. It included video of actors talking inside the 360 pano imagery its embedded in this page of the Auckland War Memorial Museum website take a look! clickable text
Post 19 IP   flag post
101646 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?