Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasComparisonCompetition

MUG Forum Members/Visitors Want Competition2458

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

MUG Forum Members/Visitors Want Competition

Okay. Maybe not exactly what you were thinking ...

As I curate the MUG Forum and curate Matterport 3rd party solutions, I am trying to be sensitive to the needs of MUG Forum Members that own a Matterport Camera and Visitors that either own or are thinking about buying a Matterport Camera. So, I write about – and encourage others to write about – Matterport competitors.

But, is that a good idea?

The major of Matterport User Group Forum Members and Visitors want to read in the MUG Forum about competitive platforms to Matterport.

69.2 percent of MUG Members - and 50.2 percent of MUG Visitors responded YES to the MUG Forum Question of the Week during a 24 hour poll starting on 16 August 2016, "Should the Matterport User Group Forum continue to cover Matterport competitors?"

Specifically:

✓ 99 of 143 MUG Forum Members said YES (69.2 percent)
✓ 110 of 219 MUG Forum Visitors said YES (50.2 percent)
✓ 209 of 362 MUG Forum and Visitors said YES (57.7 percent)

As a Matterport Pro, I want to know if other platforms are a threat or an opportunity for me.

What are your thoughts about comparing other 3D/VR platforms to Matterport in the MUG Forum?

BTW, if you experienced a recent "take-over" poll, thank you for participating in our experiment with these one question polls to help give the community insight.

Related MUG Forum Topics

Why Other Cameras, Platforms and Related Tech?
ICSF16-Index: MUG Forum Inman Connect Posts
MUG Forum Poll: Is your company planning to buy a Matterport Camera within the next 90 days?

How We Conduct These Polls

Special thanks to @MikeW at NinjaPost for its Popover Genius service that enables us to easily, quickly and affordably implement these "take-over" polls.
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, I view these forums on mobile devices that do not stay logged in and if I am just viewing a post, I don't log in. I usually go from the url in email.

The polls get in the way and slow down viewing. Some days I tap yes and some days no.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

Thanks in advance for tolerating a now and then poll that helps give us quick insight into the community to help make the MUG Forum as responsive to the desires of the community as possible.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
ALWAYS good to know what the competition is doing...ALWAYS.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I think it is worthwhile to be on top of it all, for if a client were to ask why do you chose matterport over this one or that one we will be able to answer with confidence why we chose matterport and we could even give them a reason why.

On another note, if someone I am trying to sell my service to thinks that it's too expensive and therefore does not want my service (using matterport camera), I can always offer them a cheaper less immersive experience with one of the other competitors.

So the answer is yes on two accounts.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I think 20 of the YES votes were mine because it did force the survey on me each time I went to view a post. I didn't mind so much because it was a quick click to get past, but I worried about how I was skewing the results. I started thinking I should maybe vote no to even up my answers to not affect the results so much, but decided not to. Thought I'd mention that for the next survey.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

We de-duped based on the first answer

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7