Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! The client wants to convert the model Matterport headset HTC VIVE. Anyone else doing this? Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Import the OBJ into Unity. We have done a few experiments and it works fairly well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
obj file this is not what they need.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if it's possible to run the standard 3D tour inside the Vive. It sounds to me trying to play the Cardboard / Gear VR experience with different goggles. The beauty of the Vive is the ability to walk around the room, and that freedom is only available by loading the (low res) OBJ. Maybe somebody else has a different solution.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@Max_Sodomovskiy

You may not be aware but MP2VR does MP VR conversions for the Gear and Cardboard https://www.mp2vr.com at $99 a conversion and that drops to $74 for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network. At the present time we feel the Vive don't justify the development time needed to produce an app for this platform.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The customer wants to buy the HTC to show 360 videos. So he asked me about the possibility of converting MP. I think he was trying to sell HTC.
Post 6 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
It is possible, I've done that before, but the quality of Matterport 3D models ins't satisfatory enough even to the low bottom of exigency standards.

HTC Vive justifies itself well when you have good quality rendering of a complete 3D environment, usually through a game engine.

Check this work I've done recently for a developer from Miami:

With HTC being used at a conference: https://www.facebook.com/iteleport3d/videos/1167681839929310/
With HTC at the office:
The same software for Touch/Mouse versions:

If you just open a 3D Showcase on the web browser viewing through HTC Vive what you get is a huge flat screen like 200" about 2 meters from you, it works nicely with the hand controllers similarly to a mouse, but it's immersive.. but again, it's a flat screen in a nice 3D enviroment, not a fully immersive scenario of the house as one would expect.

Just like MP2VR, I convert models today to be used in GearVR on my own, this can also be opened in HTC Vive... but for this fixed 360 points of view navigation you need a simple cardboard/gearvr for the same effect.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101426 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?