Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

19 August 2016 is the 2nd Anniversary of MUG2397

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Matterport's #1 fan, MUG Forum Founder Dan Smigrod

Dear Matterport,

If you are thinking about writing a Matterport blog post about the second anniversary (19 August 2016), of the Matterport User Group Forum, but have been too busy to write it, here’s a proposed draft.

I included some suggested quotes from your team.

Feel free to edit, as appropriate.

Best,

Dan

----

Two years ago July, our biggest fan, Dan Smigrod, bought a Matterport camera. On 19 August 2014, he founded the Matterport User Group Forum to give and get help. This was his first post. Today, the Matterport User Group Forum has grown to:

✓ 1,703 Members in 71 countries
✓ 18,798 posts among 2,268 topics
✓ 11,078 Visitors monthly
✓ 77,987 pages viewed monthly
✓ likely do nearly 1 million page views annually

That’s a lot of giving and getting help by a community of Matterport Pro 3D Camera owners and Real Estate Agents. And, totally free!

We recognize – and appreciate – that the MUG community has helped:

✓ sell cameras
✓ reduced Matterport Support requests
✓ Increased satisfaction with the Materport platform
✓ Increase the rate of adoption

We the pioneering work that Dan has done with the Matterport platform - that he has freely shared in the MUG Forum - including:

✓ Showing that it’s possible - and exciting - to include people
Scanning at night (we changed how we process models, as a result)
Scanning outdoors in daylight
✓ The first use of Matterport by a newspaper company
✓ Showing how Matterport can be used as a visual storytelling tool
✓ Developed an essential Matterport gear shopping list
✓ Championed Matterport Virtual Reality
✓ Sent Matterport looooooong “wish lists
✓ Developed a method for backing up Matterport Spaces
Challenged us on every aspect of the platform to help make it better
Poked fun at us when we failed to deliver what we promised
✓ Taught Master Classes in Matterport 3D And VR
✓ Developed list after list of how to scan better
✓ Beta tests and curates 3rd party solutions
✓ it even seems like you read our minds to give Members context

“We recognize and appreciate that Dan Smigrod is our number one fan,” says Matterport CEO Bill Brown. “Dan has championed a community of Matterport Service Providers that has helped Matterport and Matterport Pros – succeed faster."

“While we rarely post to the MUG Forum, the Matterport UX/UI/product development teams are all over the MUG Forum for how to improve the features, functionality and experience. We care deeply about what the community has to say and have recruited many MUG Members for Matterport beta testing.”

“While we would prefer that the Matterport User Group Forum only post about all things Matterport, we respect that Dan and the rest of the community want to discuss other 3D/VR platforms to help decide if they are a threat or an opportunity to their business. We can – and do – learn a lot from observing these discussions.”

"Your MUG Forum members' feedback was very helpful in helping us choose and prioritize features for Showcase 2.0. It's great to have a passionate group of users who are eager to help shape the product,” said Matterport Co-Founder Matt Bell on the first anniversary of the Matterport User Group Forum.“

“Having such an active, vocal and positive community continues to help us improve the Matterport experience. Congrats on the second anniversary of the Matterport User Group Forum,” said Matt in an email to Dan.

“Dan, and one more thing,” said Bill. “In addition to the Matterport User Group Forum, one of the things we are most excited about is how you created and implemented the We Get Around Referral Network to help Matterport Pros succeed faster (which means more camera sales, processing and hosting for Matterport."

You help Matterport Service Providers get more business; make it super-easy and super-fast for potential clients to find Matterport Pros on the Referral Network Map and Gallery; you have provided nearly 30 marketing tools and solutions that make the Matterport experience better for the entire Matterport eco-system. We the Standard Membership and the Essential Launch Marketing Tool Kit.”

“Some of the Matterport User Group Forum Members have suggested that we send you a gift to commemorate the second anniversary of the Matterport User Group Forum,” said Bill. “We have arranged for an armored car to deliver $5 million in cash to you with a Matterport t-shirt, coffee MUG and a thank you note signed by everyone here at Matterport. Would you prefer for us to deliver the cash to your home or office in Atlanta?”

---

Okay Matterport, so I don't expect you to run every word, but please do keep in the part about the $5 million. BTW, a check is fine.

It's a labor of to champion the interests of the community and, the community seems to like how I curate the discussion.

You (all) have created something magical with the Matterport platform. On behalf of the MUG Forum community, we're thrilled to be part of this exciting journey.

Best,

Dan

P.S. What else? What else should we share with Matterport about the MUG Forum community?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Boston
KoaWare private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations Dan! We know a lot of work, time & effort passionately goes into MUG & the We Get Around Referral Network. We're appreciative and happy to be a part of it.

Cheers to continued success... and $5mil in your pocket.

~ KoaWare Team
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Winter Haven, Florida
FloridaProperties private msg quote post Address this user
You probably don't hear from me much but I would like to say something briefly.

Congratulations to Lord Dan. Huge accomplishment on his part.

Yes, I call him Lord Dan because without him, a lot of us will be lost on we do.

Everyone have invested money and a lot of time, and I give huge credit to those who (MUG) contribute their services and experiences. Just to name a few, Master Ross (WP3D), Master Gary (MP2VR). For those who answers questions here, thank you. Research has been done by numerous members and they don't have a problem sharing, this makes this forum extra special.

If I have questions on anything:
1) I search the forum or the thread
2) I post a thread or
3) I ask Lord Dan.

I am sure Matterport can recognize the effort of Love that's being shared here by Lord Dan. Do they? Will they compensate Lord Dan? I'm sure that $5M just came out of the blue, if I would be realistic, it would be nice if they compensate Lord Dan a dollar for every scan uploaded. This is not even 5% of what we pay.

I can not compensate money, I'll be glad to send a fine bottle of wine for a job well done and call him Lord Dan.

Thank you
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@FloridaProperties

Thank you four your super-kind note.

and, thank you for being a Member of both the Matterport User Group Forum and the We Get Around Referral Network.

Namaste!

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Founding and curating the Matterport User Group Forum is a labor of for me.

I live for emails (and posts) like this ...

It's nice to know that the MUG Forum is helping (all of us) and that the We Get Around Referral Network is helping Members succeed faster.

Dan

----

Hi, Dan, very nice to meet you.

I've read so much from your side that it's like we already met.

Im [redacted], an Audiovisual Artist from [redacted].

I've just discovered matterport for about three weeks and immediately become obssessed with the technology.

A week ago, i went to [redacted] to pick up my matterport camera, and me and my fiance are starting a new bussiness of virtual tour along with other audiovisual services.

We just invest all our savings to purchase the camera and accessories, creating the brand, design, webpage, etc. So we would love to submit to your scholarship program!

So far i'v fell in love with the forum and with the great spirit of all the people helping each other.

Im just waiting to finish my webpage, and logo to introduce myself to the forum and became an active member, so i can share you my recent experience with the camera.

Thanks for the great job and forum that you are sharing with the rest of us. I have been taking notes of everything you post and share, thanks a lot!

Greetings from [redacted].

[redacted].
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
It's the Matterport User Group Forum birthday and you get the present!

Now through the 2nd Anniversary of the Matterport User Group Forum - midnight EDT Friday, 19 August 2016) - the We Get Around Referral Network is offering up to 100 free scholarships - outside the United States, Canada and Australia.

For more info, please see this Matterport User Group Forum thread:

100 Free Scholarships: WGA Referral Network

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Today (19 August 2016) is the MUG Forum 2nd Anniversary
Post 7 IP   flag post
101432 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?