Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objAdviceReal EstateVirtual Reality

Vendors that will do virtual remodels?2389

Sedry private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there--

Does anyone know of a vendor that will take the Matterport showcase (.obj or .pts or whatever) and do a virtual remodel based on alternate 2-D floorplans?

I have a potential listing that needs a lot of work. I want to scan the apartment as-is and then show how the space can be remodeled.

Have anyone of you done this?

Couldn't find any previous threads.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Sedry

Yes. Here are some potential solutions for you.

1. Google Earth FLY-IN 3D Tour (cleaned up mesh view). Watch this example to see how the mesh view is cleaned up for the 'birds-eye' view. For more info, please see MUG Forum post:

20 Questions Live: FLY-IN 3D Tour

2. Blue-Sketch Virtual Staging. Turns empty spaces into fully furnished spaces (with the furniture style of your choice. For more info, please see MUG Forum post:

20 Questions Live: Blue Sketch (Floor Plans, Virtual Staging)

3. We Get Around can turn the .obj file into a SketchUp file (something that is very helpful for a 3D modeler. For more info, please see MUG Forum post:

Matterport Object File (.obj) to SketchUp File (.skp)

Since you are a Member of the We Get Around Referral Network, you get special pricing on all three solutions.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Fond memories of our dinner conversation at the Matterport User Group Forum Meetup in Atlanta in January 2016.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Thanks Dan for mentioning us. While we don't do exactly what @sedry is asking for, we have done remodeling for new construction and renovation.

The best way is to create a 3D floor plan out of the alternate 2D floor plan. Here's an example of a project we did for a five apartment building http://blue-sketch.com/new-construction-projects/ and some of our 3D plans also here https://www.facebook.com/Lofts-by-the-Lake-1528568847400755/?fref=ts

With Virtual Staging we can add furniture to an existing room (still .jpg image, not the 3D tour) but we cannot move walls or create openings. Here's more on Virtual Staging http://blue-sketch.com/virtual-staging/

I'll be happy to answer any questions, tel (917) 291 2533 or email sales at blue-sketch.com.

Cheers,

Petra
Post 3 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Archilogic.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sedry private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you everyone.

I am ideally looking for something that, after the remodeling, can still be used as a walkthrough/tour. So I'll check into Archilogic.

If anyone thinks of anything else, please feel free!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101437 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?