Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceNewbiesScanningTips

First Scan Tips & Advice2357

tomjones2787 private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned my first big job today.. If anyone could view and send me some tips / advice I would greatly appreciate it!

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=3jT3fUGbecD

The house is 5,000 Sq. Ft.. with a ton of large windows..

I ended up with about 150 scans.. Is this normal for a 5,000 sq ft house?

Should I go through and hide some of these?

I took three scans on the lower patio.. I am unable to click through to get outside.. I can only get outside by dollhouse..

I found the two spiral staircases to be very challenging.. Please let me know how I did here.. Improvements?
Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @tomjones2787,
First of all, I will say that overall, this was a good scan. You did a good job with the scan placement. Navigation through the property was smooth and natural. There were a couple of areas that could have used additional scan points to fill in for the dollhouse view. Most of these were by the large windows where the sun was shining in. When this is the case, shut the blinds and rescan the areas doing the best you can to capture the "black" areas and not capturing the view of the closed windows.

In the bathrooms, I would not drop the camera down to avoid seeing the camera in the mirrors. To, it is more distracting dropping down a few feet than it is seeing the camera in the mirror. This is my personal preference and everyone has their own opinion on this.

Finally, as for the inability to navigate to the lower patio in the first person view. It looks like you marked the door as a window. I would revisit the window marking and be sure it is not extending into the doorway.

I hope these comments help to improve your future scans!
Good luck,
Jon
Post 2 IP   flag post
101424 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?