Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Pro - Privacy Channel For Clients2350

RGO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan

I am asking about a situation where a PAID attraction does not want a 3D Scan of their business. WHY would people come to the attraction if they could take a VR Tour instead.

So businesses are not interested.

In my VIMEO account, I purchased VIMEO PRO. It has a private channel. I can send a client a private link to a video that no one else can see.

Does Matterport have such a feature ? Going public with everything shuts down a lot of possibilities for MP Clients with cameras.

Matterport could charge a little more money for the PRO CLIENT PRIVATE CHANNEL.

This opens up more jobs besides Real Estate.

Then, paid attractions who charge entrance fees, could have their areas done in VR. They can scan all the places that the public is not allowed to walk through. Most historical attractions have areas roped off.

Then these paid attractions can have a kiosk with VR GLASSES so that visitors can take the tour in 3D and get into places that are not open to everyone.

This puts money into their pockets, Matterport makes more money with a PRIVATE Channel, MP Clients with cameras get to make more scans, an opens up the possibilities beyond Real Estate.

This looks like a $ WIN....$ WIN....$ WIN to me.

So, does MP have such a privacy channel ? Anyone know ?
Dick Osso
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a very good idea
Post 2 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
this is simple.. build your own privacy channel on your web site.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Password Protection of Matterport Models is 100% integrated into WP3D Models.

Here's an example from our DEMO site:
http://demo.wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/gibson-mansion/

However, once the password has been entered, a savvy user could dig through the revealed code a bit and find the original Matterport model ID/link. Using that, they could share the "public" model with anyone, outside of your site/etc.

So, this is a longwinded way of saying that YES, we'd all welcome some sort of Vimeo-pro like solutions for

1) Embedding ONLY on a specific domain
2) Full password protection at the Matterport level

I think these items, combined with your own site level control (like WP3D Models offers), would offer the complete "security" package!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?