Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BarterHotels

Matterport on Vacation.2337

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
So... my wife and I took our kids away for a few days we stayed overnight at a hotel on Saturday.

We brought our Matterport camera with us and after checking in we took the camera to the room and took the liberty of scanning it. By the time I went down to the car with the kids to get all our luggage and came back up, my wife was finishing the last scan of the suite:

The next morning I showed the model to the front staff and got the contact info for their sales manager. I emailed them the link, explained how the 3D Showcase could be embedded in their website and mentioned in my email that we were coming back the same way in a few days time and "would be willing to do an "in-kind" trade of one year's use of the technology for a complimentary room stay on the way back so that [they] can test-drive the technology with no actual capital investment to boost [their] website and other marketing. Is this something that would interest [them]?"

A few hours after I sent that email I received the following reply from the hotel's general manager:

"Just a quick note to confirm we have reserved a Family Suite for you and your family, on a COMPLIMENTARY basis, for the night of Tuesday, August 2nd.

We are working with a company in [redacted] on the development of a new website and I believe this is just what we have been looking for !

I look forward to meeting with you and your wife as to how we may move forward with this exciting technology."

So here I am writing this post in my complimentary hotel room enjoying sweet treats from the special gift basket (!!!!) that was waiting for me in the hotel with a personalized card from the manager!

And tomorrow morning I am meeting with said General Manager and who knows... maybe there'll be some additional business down the road!

If you are going on a trip anywhere anytime soon.... bring your Matterport and see what perks you can trade for! For the short time it takes to scan a room and the small processing cost, you never know what opportunities might come your way!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Bravo!!!! How awesome is that?
Post 2 IP   flag post
BayAreaAdam private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D Nicely done, congrats!
Post 3 IP   flag post
EnvisionedSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Way to go!

A related MUG Forum thread ...

Tip: How to Get an Upgrade on Your Hotel Room

Anyone else bartering for travel, meals, gym membership, etc.?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Good Job!!!!!!!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
als528 private msg quote post Address this user
Great concept! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Well done!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101641 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?