Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360PanonoRicoh Theta SRicoh Theta V

Outdoors with Panono and Ricoh Theta S2312

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

360º Spherical Video (Ricoh Theta S) MUG Forum Honorary Members

I tested Panono and Rioch Theta S today (Sunday, 31 July 2016) in the quintessential Mission Doleres Park in San Francisco.

Panono 360º Spherical Photos
Ricoh Theta 360º Spherical Photos
Ricoh Theta 360º Spherical Video

Conclusions:

1. I like the outdoor results of the Panono (much) better than the Ricoh Theta S
2. The Ricoh Theta S video is too soft-focus. It's barely usable
3. The light/small Ricoh Theta S enabled me to a do a shot that I would not have attempted with the Panono

Ater I completed the above, I read a post in the MUG Forum about setting HDR within the Panono app. I'll need to check if I set the HDR on for the hotel room shoot yesterday and for today. (I believe I did.)

Plus, a friend sent me an email saying besure to do a firmware upgrade on the Ricoh Theta S that supports HDR. I'll need to check if I did that firmware upgrade and if I set HDR on.

While the Panono did have stitching errors with action shots, it's unlikely we would experience stitching errors outdoors with static spaces.

What do you think about how the two cameras compare?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
marswalker private msg quote post Address this user
Panono looks great. The theta is fun but I have had poor results using indoors. Outdoors is so so.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?