Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingOutdoors

How to Scan an Outdoor Pool?2301

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Many listings have outdoor pools.

Both "outdoors" and "pools" require advance scanning techniques and an understanding of the Matterport Camera.

So, before you say "yes" to your client, please use the MUG Forum search box (top right) for a deep-dive into the deep-end of scanning pools.

Two Short Answers

1. It's okay if you can see outdoor pools (as long as they are not in the model.) For clarification, scanning from a terrace that overlooks the pool is great.

2. Buy a 360º spherical camera and integrate within a Single Property Website solution. I am happy with the Ricoh Theta S for $350. Professional photographers would probably prefer the Panono nicely loaded at $1,550.

Matterport + Theta S + WP3D Models = Outdoors

What do you recommend for including an outdoor pool – or ocean view – in your visual storytelling solutions for your clients?

www.5011greenpinedrive.info View of Pool from an outdoor

www.eclipsecondo2005.info Exterior view from a Patio (Ricoh Theta S)

Dan

Matterport Scan: View of Pool from Outdoor Terrace by We Get Around Associate Photographer and Architect @YairYepez
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I have had pretty good luck as long as part of the pool is at least open shade. Recently did a scan where I was able to go most of the way down one side of the pool deck. Pool was in the sun so could not do other side. Does not look great in dollhouse view by It is nice to leave porch, move down pool deck and look back at the house.
Post 2 IP   flag post
RandyAggie private msg quote post Address this user
I saw some earlier posts mentioning using some gel shades or something over the Matterport camera lenses. I'm currently stuck on a villa trying to figure out how to go from the main building to the secondary building with only external pathways. Here's the main building scan - would love any advice: https://my.matterport.com/models/aAUWEjRg6tF

Cheers,
Randy
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Two things.
1 Try this post. clickable text
2. As I said in the above post people have had success scanning outdoors in the early morning before the sun gets to the area, on cloudy days, and in the evening when the sun is setting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wyzlo private msg quote post Address this user
I been doing outsides and no problem.
Just avoid direct light

With 2 pools
wyzlo.com/3d-model/avellana/fullscreen

1 Pool
wyzlo.com/3d-model/serpentine/fullscreen
Post 5 IP   flag post
RandyAggie private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
At 3:08 pm EDT today (18 August 2016), Matterport sent the following email to it's customers.

For the Matterport User Group Forum discussion of Matterport 360º Views, please visit this MUG Forum page.

Thanks,

Dan

------

Take Matterport Pro Camera outdoors.

The upgrade you've been waiting for has finally arrived with 360° Views.
Capture sweeping outdoor shots to show off impressive views or surrounding areas

Add the front door as your Hero Shot to draw in viewers

Highlight unattached structures like sheds, garages, or gyms

Show off outdoor amenities such as patios, event areas or pools

360° Views are like 3D scans but they only collect visual imagery data (no depth data); therefore they are not connected to your 3D Space. They are perfect for bright sunlight and outdoors, large spaces where alignment is not necessary, or showing off the exterior of any Space. Take your viewers to these places via the Highlight Reel in your 3D Showcase.

To get started with 360° Views, simply upgrade your Capture app and follow the steps listed on our Support page. Click the link below to read more about 360 Views on our blog.

Learn More

------
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my go at a rooftop pool with the sunrise....a race against time but it worked out. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=vTWxewzQF5z
Post 8 IP   flag post
3dinsights private msg quote post Address this user
A handy little app to let you know where the sun will be on any given date in any given location.
http://suncalc.net/

Also has a nice integrated ipad/iphone app that works well.

As others have said, scan early or late in the day.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101646 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?