Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LEDLightingNightOutdoors

Attaching lights to the Matterport Camera?2300

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A Member of the MUG Forum emailed me this question:

"Has anyone your aware of had any success with mounting a battery operated LED (ie fotodiox flapjack) on top of the camera to improve window exposure?"

--

I know of at least three (related attempts) my MUG Members, include me (unsuccessfully).

While others might be willing to drill holes into the case (yikes! safety warning!), I was only willing to try suction cups (that did not work) because of the exterior surface of the camera.

Despite spending about $700 on suction cup solutions and LEDS and related gear, I find using my iPhone to "burn in with a dithering motion" the light works best.

Here are some related MUG Forum discussions on this ancillary lighting solution:

Caves: 230 feet (70m) below the surface

New Cave Scanning Light Setup

Scanning a Cave

Capture Outdoors at Night

On Camera Lighting

Matterport and Lighting

Filming a Dark Area

To add light at night on the outdoor patio, I used fill lights hidden in the distance. I also (hand held)an LED light and dithered/rotated with the camera.

I used an iPhone to dither/burn-in light in the darkest portion when scanning the rooftop patio bar at night.
Post 1 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Its not that difficult see my treats about this topic.
just use a couple of small LED videolights and start experimenting.

happy scanning
Grtz Rene
Post 2 IP   flag post
101635 2 2