Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearMP2VRVirtual Reality

MP2VR Now Delivers VR Conversions in 24HR2270

GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

MP2VR now delivers all of their Google Cardboard and Gear VR conversions within 24 hours.

Simply go to our MP2VR website www.mp2vr.com and place your order. Within 24 hours or less your VR converted model is ready to go.

Your new VR model is viewable on both Cardboard and Gear. All for just $99. $74 if you are a Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network.

It couldn't be any simpler to provide all of your customers with a VR version of your models. In addition we no longer have a limit on the number of scans within a model.

Our iOS app will also be coming soon so look to MP2VR for all your VR conversion needs.
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, thanks @GarySnyder!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder

That's amazing and exciting!

Last week, we sent you a Matterport Space that you turned in less than 24 hours. Knowing that you can do that for everyone is fantastic.

All,

MP2VR is easy, fast and affordable VR.

Everyone MUST do at least one MP2VR conversion.

"Would you like a demo of Virtual Reality of a real indoor space that you can 'walk around'", opens doors. Then, help people buy Matterport Spaces and related solutions.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
CDM private msg quote post Address this user
Have you fixed the blackout between scans?

The blackouts to us make this unusable for our clients.

How does this work with Device I.D. numbers? We are looking for an affordable solution to deliver this to any device and use google cardboard or something of the similar.
Post 4 IP   flag post
We tried not having a black transition between scans and it made people feel a bit sick and dizzy as they moved from one scene to the next so we decided to stay with the black intervals. In all of the conversions we have done no one has complained about the black transitions.

We no longer need the phones ID for our applications so you no longer have to worry about this issue. There are many cheap alternatives to the normal cardboard unite. Most cost between $15 to $20 and are fully compatible with Google Cardboard.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ThreeDImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I currently work for a property management company JCM (Jersey Central Management), did some scans last week in Pennsylvania At a major facility that they own, lynnewood gardens. I was speaking to a lady in the office, one of their sales people. She asked me if matterport Can be seen in 3D on a computer with glasses. Does mp2vr support this? She said this would be great for their townhouse units that are usually occupied. It would give people a better feeling of what townhouses they offer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
TuanDinh private msg quote post Address this user
Just send you an email for update our demo.
Post 7 IP   flag post
logan3000 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Gary, you say this"

"It couldn't be any simpler to provide all of your customers with a VR version of your models. In addition we no longer have a limit on the number of scans within a model."

Are you only referring to the VR model or to scans in general for a basic matterport model?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with CDM. Some people are more susceptible of motion sickness with VR than others. I would not use the blackouts just because a few people felt a little dizzy. Blackouts take away the whole feeling of "moving" through the home. Why is it that Matterport VR doesnt use Blackouts?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@hometakes

We have done over 150 conversions so far and no one has complained about the blackout portion between transitions. Our solution also allows us to turnaround your models in less then 24 hours where as MP can take 2 weeks to turnaround a model and cost a minimum of $500.
Post 10 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gary.

Please clarify this for me. I couldn´t find any information in Matterport web site about their cost for VR conversion. What is the source of your $500 price? It seems really high for such a service considering that the price of a model is just below $20. I don´t see the proportionality.

As I understand you offer a different service than the one offered by Matterport and its cost is $75 no matter the size of the model?

What are the main differences between MP offer and yours besides the price? It is only the blackout transition?

I will appreciate your comments.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards.
Jorge
Post 11 IP   flag post
@jfantin

$500 is the minimum that MP charges for their VR conversions, Dan will verify that.

That is correct our service has no limit on the number of scan points (SP) and cost $99. The price is $74 for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network.

The difference in our service is we offer 24 hour turnaround and our conversion fades to black every so slightly instead of zooming from one SP to the next. We have found that customers prefer the slight fade as they don't have an issues with motion sickness which can be a problem for some viewers.

Our solution also plays on Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear and soon on the iPhone. The best way to determine if our MP2VR solution is right for you is to take it for a test drive at https://www.mp2vr.com/ our demo has several models you can view both on Cardboard and Gear. If you have any additional question please feel free to ask me here or PM if you wish.

Best regards
Gary
Post 12 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
Iv'e just been quoted by Matterports VR team direct. I can assure you Gary's not wrong. I was Quoted $690 for a 3000sq ft conversion. You can obtain VR quotes by becoming a VR beta tester with Matterport and contacting their VR team direct.
They work of a base price of $250 and 15 cents per sq ft.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@GarySnyder
Thank you very much for your clear and precise answer.
It seemed incredible to me that someone could charge $500+ for a VR conversion but I was wrong.
Thank you for bringing rationality pricewise with this interesting feature for our clients!
Best regards.
Jorge
Post 14 IP   flag post
@jnash70

Thank you for your comment. In my opinion, and in my market (Argentina, to quote $690 would be considered outrageous. I mean, it is hard to get more than $0.20 per sq ft for a Matterport Model, I cannot imagine the faces of my clients if I tell them that they would have to pay $ 0.23 more for the VR version.

Thanks to Gary for offering a more affordable alternative.

Best regards.
Jorge
Post 15 IP   flag post
CDM private msg quote post Address this user
Gary,

Can you create a VR tour that does not black out between scans? This is what our clients are asking for, and if so is the cost the same?

You stated you tried this and had success and it was not preferred by your reviewers due to motion sickness.

How close is this to working on the iPhone with google cardboard?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hi CDM

Yes this is something will will be offering soon so watch this space.

We hope to have our iPhone application submitted to Apple later this month and all going well Apple will approve it and place in iTunes.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin Matterport's pricing is unreasonable. Their VR conversion should be turnkey as they have all of the technology at their fingertips and the ability to process and manipulate it however they see fit.
Post 18 IP   flag post
manolohk private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder Hey Gary,

I also need to create VR tours that does not black out between scans.

Thanks.
Post 19 IP   flag post
PedroPretell private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolohk
@GarySnyder Hey Gary,

I also need to create VR tours that does not black out between scans.

Thanks.

+1
Post 20 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@GarySnyder When you have developed an alternate to the 'black out', will all previously converted tours benefit from the new transition effect?
Post 21 IP   flag post
bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
I have not quite understand what they do conversion for? All data needed for VR it just a panoramas. I have no idea why matterport don't turn it on.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@bonduell Absolutely, it's insane that Matterport do not have a turnkey solution and are not offering this for free with their processing. It's a promised feature that is just a different way of viewing the same tour.

And for anyone who does't understand where we are coming from.

MP2VR - Custom App with VR User Interface; entire tour rebuild for custom platform on multiple devices. Worth every penny to allow MSPs to provide the VR experience that Matterport hasn't [yet] delivered on.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101421 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?