Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Gear 360/Ricoh Theta S streetview compatible2228

Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know exactly how the street view ready functionality works with the Samsung Gear 360 or Ricoh Theta S ?

I´m specifically wondering if I could potentially sell it as a service to businesses that want to be listed on street view in addition to having a matterport space.

Does it work in the same way as Googel business view so you can walk from street view and into the shop ?

I´ve tried reading about it, but can´t seem to understand fully how it works.

Best,
Robin
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Interview with Google Street View (and Trusted Photographers) Manager Charles Armstrong at IVRPA 2016 in Quebec City.

@3DscannUK

Any of my notes helpful from the Google Street View Session at IVRPA or my video interview above?

Helpful Links

Spatial Media Metadata Injector app
Ricoh Theta S Supports Google Photo Sphere XMP

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
Thanks @DanSmigrod.

I still do not completely understand it though, but from what I can gather by browsing Google streetview, you can publish the 360´s, but not move directly from the official streetview (blue lines) to the spheres you´ve published.

I guess it´s possible to sell it as "Are you listed on Google streetview", but it´s kinda suboptimal if you can´t move from the actual streetview and walk into the shop in the same way as the Google business view offered by the trusted photographers.

Anyone else that can shed some light on the subject?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK

Good news ...

Google Street View (and Trusted Photographers) Manager Charles Armstrong let me know today (Thursday, 21 July 2016), in response to your question ....

------

At our Street View Summit in Amsterdam (the week after the IVRPA conference), we had a Q&A session where I answered this question.

In short, we're actively working on connecting UGC Street View with Google-driven Street View — and consistently styling the two types — so that UGC contributions they're just as discoverable.

The only distinction between these types of content will be attribution that either credits Google as the contributor or any other photographer.

In the mean time, there's still plenty of value to be had, even if the connection from street to business isn't there.

You can still offer first-class virtual tours which are embedded into Maps business listings, search results, discoverable from the map view, etc.

Anyone who's interested can learn more at:

Google Street View DIY Options

Google also has a handful of relevant help center pages to offer…

Setting up and connecting 360 cameras
Tips for creating multiple 360 photos
Publish and connect 360 photos
Publish to Google Street View
✓ Share, Transfer, or Embed 360 Photos

----------

@3DscannUK thank you for your great question.

Does the above help?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK

Street View Trusted is Business View. The name was changed in September 2015.

Most professionals will tell you that the 14MP of the Theta S is too low for quality work. The Samsung Gear 360 has a higher megapixel, but crappy stitching. There are places for the Theta S, but indoors, the small sensor is not very good in low light, which includes most businesses. Outdoors at 100 ISO and manual settings, you can pull an ok image.

How to Sell Street View Trusted to a business has been asked and answered in many forums devoted to SV.

FYI no-one walks down a street(with SV) and virtually into a business. They either view it in the Map apps, Knowledge Graph, or from an embedded tour on a webpage.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
So, quality questions aside - if I understand this correctly - I could potentially get a Samsung Gear 360, walk into a shop, take a 360 photo, post it on Google and it would appear on their Google listing as the "see inside" feature?
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?