Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Matterport VR for Cardboard in BETA2223

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport eBlast: Be the first to test the new Matterport VR for Cardboard (on Android) (Wednesday, 20 July 2016)

---

The app works nicely. There's no new information on pricing for conversion of models to Cardboard. If the price is reasonable, I'll love it. If not, then @GarySnyder will continue to make money off his 3rd party app.

In the meantime, I'm working on a web-based solution that involves exporting all data from the Matterport Tour and easy stitching of images. I don't want Cardboard to be limited to an app -- would like to embed it in a website so that people viewing a website will click a link and be transported -- then can grab their headset.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Nfinitevr private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I took a look at it today and I really liked it.

Gylon
Post 2 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
@metroplex360 that sounds like a great solution. I too think it'll be best when a specific app is required.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ListAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
The app says it will auto download links opened. Any idea how this works? Can it only download converted links?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Below is the text of the eBlast, in case the link expires.

Dan

-----

The Matterport Team sent the following email to its customers Wednesday, 20 July 2016.

-----

Be the first to test the new Matterport VR for Cardboard (on Android)

Dear Matterport Customer,

Viewing Spaces in Virtual Reality is easier than ever! As a Matterport customer, we’re extending a personal invite to join our open alpha for Matterport VR for Cardboard (on Android) and provide feedback. Matterport VR for Cardboard lets you experience Spaces from our public galleries or your private collection with a compatible Android phone and Google Cardboard viewer.

Sign up for the alpha here and click Become a Tester to gain access to the Matterport VR for Cardboard download.

Explore our Cardboard app

We’d like to draw your attention to the following features as you explore our Cardboard alpha:

Matterport VR Gallery. Explore a growing universe of VR Spaces. Travel back in time to ride on Rosa Parks’ bus, revel in the luxury of the Four Seasons Ty Warner penthouse, or play Peter Pan in the Neverland Fantasy Room. Gallery Spaces are available from the Gallery folder within the app, or from the Matterport Gallery on the web.

Options Menu. Control your viewing experience. All Spaces are defaulted to monoscopic views and no-motion transitions, which can be changed from this menu.

Help Menu. This handy in-app guide helps users understand VR Showcase controls and navigation.

Launch your VR Spaces from deep links. If you have converted your Spaces to VR, simply click your VR link or scan the QR code.

We want your feedback!

Matterport VR for Cardboard (on Android) is currently in open alpha. Please provide feedback via this form.

If you have any questions, please contact vr@matterport.com for support.

BECOME A TESTER
PROVIDE FEEDBACK

Thanks,

The Matterport Team
Copyright © 2016 Matterport Inc., All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email as a Matterport customer.

Our mailing address is:
Matterport Inc.
352 East Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@ListAmerica I believe you are correct. You still have to pay Matterport for the conversion. It is my hope that @GarySnyder will still retain his niche for MP2VR as his product will be cheaper and offer advantages over this. IMHO, Matterport is going the wrong way with this. Cardboard should be built into Matterport Showcase on the web.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?