Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanMarketingNewbiesStrategy

Business Plan Help2209

alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! My Name is Alejandro Alvarez.
I am a 26 year old photographer based in the Dominican Republic.
Found out about MP around a month a go and discovered that we don't have any MP in the country, so I decided i'd do the investment and open up the market to the technology.

DR is a huge tourist destination, so we have lots of hotels and houses for rent. Was planning on moving to one of these touristic zones and opening the market there.

Question: Which would you consider would be the primary target market for my services? (Was thinking hospitality because of the vast majority of hotels and houses on rent for tourists)

What would be the next step after setting up a site with my services? (Planning MP, Still Photography and Aerial Photography)

I'd be fond of any advice you would like to offer (considering the fact that mine would be the only MP in my country).

Thanks a lot in advanced!
Post 1 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has been primarily focused in the real estate industry here in the US but many of us have ventured into the commercial market, including hospitality. Personally, I think that is a great target choice, though I wouldn't limit yourself...the applications are endless! Take a look at some of the examples others have posted, you'll see MP is everywhere! Good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks jntooker!

Indeed, MP has infinite possibilities! I would definitely venture into other markets, I am just trying to figure out WHERE to start.
Post 3 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I think you have answered your own question. I would aproach a hotel or two and show them the tech and model. Maybe research all the types of rooms they offer and work out what you would be comfortable charging for scanning them all. Then give them the price you have come up with along with what you decide if you decide to histing the models. Have all this already done before you drop in.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@alsangio

In this Matterport User Group Forum post ...

Three Ways to Get Started With Matterport

... I discuss getting clients first (before you buy).

You might see if you can line-up clients BEFORE you buy a Matterport Camera and related gear and accessories.
Matterport Essential Shopping List: 20-Items

For potential camera buyers - where there are other Matterport Pros - I recommend engaging a Pro and shadow while they scan, plus post production.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101432 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?