Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

How did you decide to name your company?2130

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted a company name that tells our story in a fun way without limited ourselves to 3D or VR (or even a specific brand).

We Get Around "works" for 3D and VR - without using these terms. For example, I like how Netflix was not tied to DVDs.

The downside of We Get Around, it's not unique for Google searches and the domain WeGetAround.com would have cost $5,000 so we opted for We-Get-Around.com ...

How did you decide your company name?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
We spent a lot of time coming up with a name for out company (virtual 360 unlimited) is what we decided on. No this was not our first choice, but as Dan said most web urls are taken. We also were very conscious of what our email address would be. We didn't want people to get our business cards with a long email extension and not type it correctly. So in our process we made sure a shortened version was available www.v360u.com was our final outcome. We are very happy with using 360 for it also does not limit us to just VT's.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I opted for a pseudonym for our city and then did go the 3D route. I live in Regina, SK, Canada which is known as "The Queen City", and our name isn't all that original as there's Queen City Sports, Queen City Drywall, Queen City Sewer and the list goes on and on. I did like how Queen City 3D can get boiled down to QC3D which I thought had a nice ring to it.

I felt going with a geographic name with a descriptor works well for consumers as it has a level of familiarity built-in which gives the air of the business being quite established. That said, I learned during the registration process that many geographic names are not allowed, and I assume that would be true in most areas. For example, I couldn't use the actual name of our city or even our province (i.e., "State" for those in the U.S.) and not even abbreviations for those are allowed. The reasoning I suppose is that they don't want to have consumers confuse the business for something affiliated with the City and/or Province/State itself, which is why a lot of businesses like me choose to use pseudonyms for the city as it is the next best thing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChatBot
Service
Milwaukee, WI
GLARI_International private msg quote post Address this user
We tried to incorporate 3D and Modelling, while keeping it short to have a verbal impact.
Not sure it we succeded, but that was our thought process.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I used my initials JC and what I do 3D and my town's license plate CX (for Sedgefield, South Africa)making it jc3Dcx
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
I used Virtual and Realistic and came up with Virtualistic3D
Post 6 IP   flag post
renderingreal private msg quote post Address this user
I figured 3d gets rendered, so www.renderingreal.com (real can mean, its looks real, or its real estate. Thus i also got www.renderingreal.estate
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?