Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Door

Problem with doors in a corridor.2097

michelg private msg quote post Address this user
Hello

I have a problem with the doors of the adjacent rooms of an entrance hallway of an apartment that open the side of the corridor.

If I start to scan at the beginning of the corridor with the doors open, the result is not beautiful.

And if I scan the doors closed and if I come back in after opening the doors to get into the rooms, I have on alignment problems.

I'm sorry for my bad english so may be a virtual tour matterport show you better, Yes of course !

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=9PvXZEc9RvD&brand=0

Thank you for your solutions

Michel
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@michelg

For clarification, can you post screen grabs exactly where you see the challenge?

Opening and closing doors during shoots is difficult to get the desired result of the apartment looking nice without the doors open and then entering a room with the doors open.

Our technique to accomplish this is hard to explain, but I will give it a try.

1. Scan with the doors closed
2. Then, open the doors
3. Then, go to a space in the apartment where you can not see that a door has opened
4. Scan the same path going into the rooms that the doors are now open
5. Once done, duplicate the model on your iPad (in case the following does not work)
6. Using the duplicate model, delete the scans you no longer want (probably the path with the doors open in Step 4 (Except for the scans you want to walk in the rooms)

Note: the hardest part is scanning in front of the door open and in front of the door closed. The door closed scan needs to be between the open door scan needs to be between the open door and the closed door scan.

Clear as mud?

Please let us know how this process works for you.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dan

thank you for your answer.

I wanted to start a scanner at the entrance of the apartment but I could not because the door of the bathroom to the right opens into the hallway and as for another room that is normally at the left but I did not success to scan it.
I disable scans but I restore them to understand.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=9PvXZEc9RvD&brand=0

How would you have do in this situation ?

I have to do as you write above?

Thanks again

Michel
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@michelg

I believe I understand the challenge. If you were to open the door completing, you could not get by.

If that is the case, can you partially open the door? For example, enough to scan forward into the apartment and scan into to the room - without opening and closing doors.

Okay?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Dansmigrod

Yes indeed it is I have done with the bathroom on the right, but not the small room to the left. But I think the best is to think that seeing a corridor that is not very interesting finally!

That 's okay dan, I thank you

Michel
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@michelg

Great!

Please share the final result so that we can compare the two.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@michelg

If you have access to the space, you might try the process I outlined above (about how to scan with doors opening and closing) and share that model too.

Matterport does not charge for reprocessing the same model with changes.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Yes I will try to access again to the space

Have a good day

Michel
Post 8 IP   flag post
101428 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?