Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Convert Matterport Spaces to VR: Under $1002002

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

-----

It’s now easier, faster and more affordable to order a Matterport Spaces 3D Tour converted to Virtual Reality. And, for the first time; also convertible to Google Cardboard.

In this Matterport User Group Forum exclusive, United Kingdom-based MUG Forum Member @GarySnyder announced today (15 June 2016) the launch of MP2VR – a service that converts Matterport Spaces to VR to play on Samsung Gear VR and Google Cardboard using the MP2VR app.

Walking around a Matterport VR Space – converted by MP2VR – is simple, easy and intuitive. The transitions from place to place is well done (though different than Matterport VR Showcase Beta).

While Matterport VR Showcase Beta transitions by walking through a cleaned-up “mesh view” … MP2VR transitions in a moment by fading out to black and fading in. And, 'walking around' with the MP2VR experience is done by a tap of the Samsung Gear VR touch pad – or Google Cardboard pad – while the Matterport VR Showcase Beta experience can either be by tapping or staring at a circle or words and only on Samsung Gear VR.

Soon, MP2VR will enable easy sharing of the VR experience (without having to provide device ID numbers). Matterport already offers easy sharing of a VR experience by link or QR code without collecting device ID numbers.

MP2VR delivers a virtual reality experience at a price point that will accelerate the adoption of Virtual Reality experiences from Matterport Spaces 3D Tours.

How Much?

MP2VR charges $99 to convert Matterport Spaces to either Gear VR and Google Cardboard. (For a limited time the pricing is the same for the conversion to both Gear VR and Google Cardboard.)

Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network save 25 percent. (For clarification, that’s $74.25 instead of $99 – a savings of $24.75.)

Presently, MP2VR side-loads models to Samsung smartphones that are compatible with Samsung Gear VR. This means you need to provide your Samsung Smartphone device ID number to MP2VR. Gary anticipates that the VRs will be shareable without the device ID soon. [As a MP3VR beta tester, I successfully loaded the MP2VR APK - side-loaded via a Dropbox link - on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Samsung Note 4 smartphones.]

To view Matterport Spaces converted to Google Cardboard, simply download the MP2VR app in Google Play Store.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
"As one of the original Matterport Service Providers, I have always wanted to press the capabilities of this fantastic camera," said Gary. "I shoot for a number of different clients some in the cutting edge media field. As a Consultant in the field of Emerging Technologies, I am always looking for the next thing so it goes without saying that pushing Matterport’s end product their Spaces 3D tours to the next level was the logical next step."

"I’m privilege to know brilliant developers in all four corners of the world and I posed this challenge to them to come up with a simple, cost effective and quick conversion solution to converting the Matterport Spaces into a VR experience and that is what we have accomplish."

Gary added, "Our goal is not by any means to compete with Matterport, but to promote the use of the camera in producing VR experiences in all disciplines. Our new capability will prompt others to purchase a Matterport camera for the sole purpose of producing VR experiences. The existing Matterport VR Beta experience works very well, but in many cases what Matterport Service Providers are looking for is a quick and affective and relativity cheap VR conversion service and that’s what MP2VR offers."

"With our VR conversion service, MP2VR open up the world VR to the masses in all areas. We currently support Samsung Gear VR and Cardboard. All you need to do is have your clients load the Google Cardboard MP2VR app in the Google Play Store on their phone and you can send them a link to the VR models that you create for them. (We are also IOS developers and are considering an IOS app, but that will take some time as it has to get approved through Apple," said Gary.

During MP2VR beta testing, I was blown away looking at a We Get Around Matterport Spaces 3D tour converted to VR by MP2VR. And, so thrilled that MP2VR picked one of the We Get Around WalkAround™ 3D Tours to use as a MP2VR example. [MP2VR Demo (load to Samsung smartphone and pair with Samsung Gear VR head mounted device)]

Matterport Pros can either receive multiple VR conversions within the same menu or receive one VR per menu. For example, if you have three clients. You can ask MP2VR to place models 1,2 and 3 in Menu A, models 4,5 and 6 in Menu Be and model 7 in Menu C. Now each client can only see the VR Spaces within their menu.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: How do I determine my device ID?
A: Use this Device ID app

Q: Do you accept credit cards for payment?
A: Yes

Q: How do I exit a model to get to the menu?
A: Press the small button on the right of the headset. Coming soon: a menu icon when looking directly down

Q: When will models converted work on all devices without requiring the device ID?
A: MP2VR works – without a device ID – on Google Cardboard with the MP2VR app. And, on Gear VR – without a device ID – coming soon

Q: Can I get all future models added to the same menu or specify new client with x models in menu?
A: Yes. There are two versions of the app: one with and one without the demos. Both apps will include any MP2VR models found in either the Phone/MP2VR folder or the phone/download folder.

Q: What do I provide to MP2VR and what is the turnaround time?
A: A public link to a Matterport Spaces 3D tour that MP2VR can edit. Two business days.

Q: How many scan points can be used in MP2VR?
A: 50. When submitting a Matterport Spaces 3D tour for conversion, you can hide many of your scan points as VR works in line of sight just as if you are walking. As an example, a hallway may be 100m or 100 feet long and would require you to capture this hallway every 1.5 to 2m or 5 or 6 feet. You still need to shoot this hallway that way for the Matterport capture but when you go to send MP2VR the link to the Matterport Spaces 3D tour, you can hide all the scan points in between the beginning and the last scan just as long as you have a clear line of sight of the last scan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'll definitely be ordering one of these this week in order to test it out. Thanks for letting us know Dan!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I keep loosing people to the $500 conversion price tag at no profit. This is a huge + !!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Just downloaded and tried out the MP2VR Cardboard app... It's pretty nice! although you have to click, the cardboard's that we had made and branded for us have a nice 'clickable' button that is very easy and intuitive for use with this. Excited to get a model ordered for sure now!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
"Branded" just sparked a question. Can you only get the one VR conversion say for your Matterport Branded tour or if you decide the unbranded tour? It doesn't sound like the $100 price tag would represent VR for converting both a branded and unbranded tour to share on the MLS.
Post 8 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Just tried it. Very cool. Will be pitching this to some clients soon.

@CLE3D - Where did you get the cardboards you're talking about?
Post 9 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
@Garysnyder , Awesome! Just tried it on google cardboard, definitely recommend it.

Gary, how far away is the easy sharing link (non-side load)?

Carlos.
Post 10 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
The $99 is for our MP2VR viewer if you wish to have a unique branded viewer that is something we may offer in the future. You can have as many models contained in your MP2VR viewer as you wish. In regards to you clients they would download the viewer for Cardboard and then you would send them the links to the models you wish for them to view.

In other words you control what they see as it's up to you to send them the links to the models they have paid you for.

In regards to the Cardboard viewers some MSP's are actually having Cardboard viewers printed with their company name on them and handing them out a promotional material.

Carlos, we will be submitting our viewer to Oculus hopefully in the next couple of weeks and once approved we will no longer need your phones ID for the Gear or other headsets.

I hope the above answers your questions.
Post 11 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the app. I like the ability to tap in the general direction you want to go and move there. MP2VR also shatters "entry into the world of VR" price barrier. The only reason I bought my Galaxy Note 5 was to experience VR. That purchase last year set me back over $800 because you must have a high-end Samsung phone to use the Gear VR. The price bar for other VR devices,such as Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, are even higher. I imagine that most of the VR viewing audience owns Cardboard headsets that work with Android phones.

Cardboard apps show a litte jitter because a person's phone must handle all display tasks. The Gear VR helps the phone out so no jitter exists. Even with the jitter, I think the low cost of entry might get all types of people interested in Matterport Cardboard VR experiences. The MP2VR home I just visited is the first one I've seen in VR that's not a mansion. The Matterport Showcase has several of those. It may be just me, but I think I could decide which homes I'd like a realtor to show me while checking them out virtually in the realtor's office. Good luck with the conversion service.
Post 12 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome work Gary.

I feel I may need a guide on doing the apk thing side loading for smasung gear vr tho ;p
Post 13 IP   flag post
RandyAggie private msg quote post Address this user
That's great! I'm getting my Samsung Gear VR this week. Can't wait to try it out!
Post 14 IP   flag post
BabluN private msg quote post Address this user
This is good news.....!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder

Hi Gary - we just downloaded the app and think its fantastic! My only question is - and I don't know if its a dumb one (and I'm going to embarrass myself...) is this going to be available to iPhone users? We have purchased a Samsung phone and VR headset by all of us here us iPhones and it would be a whole lot easier if we could showcase it on our own phone rather lug around an additional one! Is this going to be a possibility at any point?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hi there

We will have an MP2VR app available for the iPhone but I can't give you a definite time when it will be completed as the Apple approval process can take months for an app to finally become available in iTunes.

We will make a big announcement here in the forum once the app goes live. BTW we have had several request for the iPhone so we know it's important to all here in the forum.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GarySnyder

Yes! I would a MP2VR app for iPhone meets Google Cardboard. That will be huge! Many of our clients use iPhones.

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder Brilliant thanks for that Gary - we will definitely looking to get one done shortly!

Thanks

Marcia
Post 19 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
@garysnyder question the Gear Vr will work with any Android smart phone or should we promote Google Cardboard?

thanks
Post 20 IP   flag post
It should work with most current Android smartphones running 4.5 or higher
Post 21 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@garysnyder

Times them are a changin'

http://www.cultofmac.com/428101/apple-cuts-app-store-approval-time-to-just-one-day/

This was followed up by an announcement at WWDC on approval time.
Post 22 IP   flag post
willoreilly private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @garysnyder,

The VR conversions are fantastic, thanks. We have one to Gear VR and another to Cardboard.

Looking forward to the Oculus app and iOS as they will be a another huge piece of the puzzle to our clients.

Do you have an idea when these will be available?
Will the carboard conversion work on both android and iOS or would that be 2 separate conversions?
Do you think your prices are going to change at all for any of the conversion types, up or down? (just so my rate card is accurate)
Do you think you will have a bundle price for conversion to both Gear VR and Cardboard(iOS and Android)?

Sorry for any dumb questions. Thanks for your time.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@willoreilly

We the MP2VR service too.

Did you know that you can save 25 percent off MP2Vr services if you join the We Get Around Referral Network at a Basic, Standard or Premium Member?

Join Basic (month-to-month / cancel at any time)

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
@garysnyder Just go the Google cardboard today is the quality the same in Gear VR of higher def?

Unfortunate my phone a new Motorola Moto does not fit in the Gear VR so I was not able to experience it yet.

Thanks
Post 25 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
I have a nice "cardboard" device made out of sturdy plastic. It works great with a Galaxy Note-3.

You don't need to have the most up to date phone to use cardboard.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Despite some recent discussions about Matterport disabling 3rd party solutions, MP2VR is still available.

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
this may be in the FAQs but can you currently use this with the iPhone? I know an app was in the works but didn't know the time line. Thanks!
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@alx3D

MP2VR is working on this for Fall/Winter 2016 release.

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
101435 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?