Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

License - Not Sell - Your Matterport Spaces1973

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
When We Get Around provides Matterport Spaces 3D Tours, we provide a license for the client to use it rather than a "buy-out" where the client owns it.

We Get Around retains the copyright.

Why does this 'matter' ....?

In this related MUG Forum post ...

Pricing Tip: $15,000 | $10,000 | $7,500 | $5,000 |

... I discuss how you can license the same 3D Tour to a developer, architect and general contractor.

Now imagine that an individual unit in the planned community comes on the market again, a potential opportunity to license a portion of the model.

I am not a lawyer. I do not give legal advise. My understanding of copyright law - any lawyers among us that could expand on this discussion of copyright/buy-out/licensing - is that if you do not specifically say "buy-out" orally or in writing, then you still own the copyright and you have essentially licensed the use to your client.

What else? Do you license or sell your Matterport 3D Tour Spaces and why?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Seventhsunrise private msg quote post Address this user
Lease/license/rent.... Anything but sell. Tax advantages where I am come into play as well as the limited rights we have to the product (requires ongoing Matterport relationship in most cases) and its long term viability. We also lease hosting space(first year included, small fee per year after that only by mutual agreement) and license usage to others than the initial licensee when appropriate. In every case (so far) we license unlimited use (exclusive of time) to the party providing payment, but not exclusive use or copyright. Videos, photographs, floor plans .... Are products that must be sold and we collect and pay tax on those products.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Keep in mind that if you're offering a long-term license, you should include some kind of escape clause that lets you out of the license agreement if Matterport folds or something else happens to your ability to host the tour.
Post 3 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm stupid (I know because my wife tells me that all the time). I was with the understanding that the models I create are never bought but only leased until their hosting time runs out (per my terms of service).

It's not like a jpg picture where I take the picture and send them the file. In that case they DO own it. With Matterport it's not the case.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?