Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceProblemsStrategyTrouble Shooting

Camera Connection Drops Trade show Wifi prob1967

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I was invited to shoot a space at a local convention this morning and came up with too many hurdles to do the job. 1) Too much WiFi in the building. Having over 100 wifi signals in the building threw off the signal for my Ipad and camera to stay connected. Either other people were trying to get onto my open signal (a problem I get a lot with real estate agents at a home) or there are too many signals using the airwaves, or my Ipad is jumping to other signals. 2)Alignment errors happened a lot due to open space and people coming around corners to end up in a shot.

Have you guys come up with answers to some of the wifi and camera situations to help slim down my chance of error if I decide to go back? I know I need to keep dropping a bag or vase to get the open space and kick people out of the area not to get those errors.

I didn't see other posts relating to "this" much wifi in a building or Convention or Trade show space.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

I recall that @Tosolini may have solved this puzzle by establishing the Camera + iPad connection outside the building and then walking into the space.

Perhaps you can test this and report back?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

I believe "the answer" is in this thread started by @Tosolini ...

Wifi connection lost in specific areas

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Another related MUG Forum thread ...

Loosing Connection Between Camera and iPad

Dan

P.S. I found these links using the search box (top left) that is powered by Google. With more than 16,000 posts among 2,000 topics, it's the only way I can "remember" is using the search box ...

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@DanSmigrod Thank you, I've been typing all types of scenarios in the Forum search box coming up empty all day. I figured someone had to have been in this spot before. Sure enough, I knew I read this before once you pointed me in the right direction.

There's no way I'm getting the InfoComm Convention to shut everything down. I could possibly get a connection in the parking lot and trot back in, but I'm sure the signal will get intercepted when one of the presenters see's my open signal and jumps on it.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/725/wifi-connection-lost-in-specific-areas/

I think I'll go with the refund.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Thanks for the backstory. I do wonder if you established the connection in the parking lot (or sub-basement), if the connection would "stick" ...

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
I blew $10 on parking made it 1/2 way into the convention center and lost the signal and having a tough time getting it back. It's gotta be people with auto connects on their cell phones grabbing my open signal. I get it a lot with agents.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Thank you for taking a bullet for the MUG Forum community. Such great learning from your post. It may - or may not work - and extra challenges where there are a ton of Wi-Fi connections.

All,

Other ways to overcome this challenge?

Any way that Matterport could solve this sea of Wi-Fi challenge?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Matterport is on shirt staff so I don't expect to hear back from them anytime soon. But I just saw Facebook allows 360 Ricoh shots today. Something else to get excited about
Post 9 IP   flag post
101269 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?