Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Start Point to Minimize Stitching Errors1959

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I think this has been covered before but can't find the post.

Does anyone know where the camera should start (what direction it should be pointed in) if you are concerned about stitching errors in certain places?

For example, I don't recall where the camera was pointed in the screen shot below. If I had the camera aimed there to begin with, would that have given me an error-free image? Or do I have to point it to the left or right to let it take an image when turning the circle?

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

I want the still shot to be full screen for the most difficult spots rather than sticrchin across two of the images.

This usually means aiming the side of the camera to the difficult spot and the handle facing 180-degrees away.

Clear as mud?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. That makes sense to me. Side of camera faces area I am worried will have the stitching area and want to be full screen. I get it.

Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
FWIW: I've been seeing errors like this a lot recently, and I don't think they are the result of stitching errors. Matterport appears to be doing something that involves combinging or filtering the panos together with the model somehow, and it is causing errors like this. I see this error a lot around toilets and countertops. I think the model of the counter/vanity edge is interfering with the image of the toilet behind it.

I see similar errors when the viewpoint is in a doorway, and something about the model of the door frame interferes with the image behind it.

Craig
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?