32916 4 4
|Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user|
|One item I'd like to have on the Wish List for Matterport is a processing progress indicator, similar for what we have for uploading a model.
It's nice to be able to gauge approximately how long the upload will take, but for now the processing is a crap shoot. Obviously the larger the model the longer the processing time, but if there was a progress indicator that would be super cool!
|Post 1 IP flag post|
|lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user|
plus 1 0
|Post 2 IP flag post|
|DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
From more than a year ago, look what I found ...
MUG Forum Thread: Matterport Cloud Processing Wish List
Look like we still (all) want it ...
On 9 June 2015, I emailed Matterport this consolidated Cloud Processing and Hosting Wish List based on the Clouding Processing and Hosting wish list threads.
If you have additional wish list items, please post below (or to the appropriate wish list thread).
High Priority / Minor Resources
1. Estimated processing time remaining: shows up in my.matterport.com
2. Cache solution to “speed up” model viewing outside the US.
... here in Australia ... our loading speeds are terrible. It would be nice if we could at least cache it locally to help with load speeds but that still doesn't fix the problem of no redundancy.
High Priority / High Resources
1. Matterport Lite for smartphones: sniff-out device and display a lite version of the model
2. Enable uploading .obj to Matterport. For example, we download, clean-up and upload an improved model
3. Enable uploading .rvt to get the Matterport viewing experience
4. Public timeline of all models: discussed in a previous email
5. Premium Tier or Ala Carte Pricing: “processing within 60 minutes” [grow news media client]
6. Slower Tier or Ala Carte Discount: 24 or 48 processing [grow price-sensitive clients]
7. Archive solution (discussed in a previous email)
Low Priority / Minor Resources
1. Reprocessing option to change white balance, exposure and ISO. Color saturation.
2. Select processing options for office or residential lighting
Low Priority / High Resources
1. Consolidated all points on a plane to just one surface with a picture on it similar to how a window works. This will make everything much easier to work with. Smaller file sizes; easy change paint or floors; easy to tell what is stuff; and what is building etc.
|Post 4 IP flag post|