Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Builder Wants Many 3D Tours in 10 Cities1946

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

A MUG Forum Member reached out to me today (4 June 2016) about a developer client that has expressed interest in many Matterport Spaces 3D Tours among 10 U.S. cities. The MUG Forum Member has expressed using the We Get Around Referral Network to source all the Matterport Pros.

Pros will need to be able to:

scan outdoors (apartment decks)
✓ get the lighting to look right outside the windows
✓ know how to scan for potential conversion to Matterport VR

While we help source Matterport Pros for multiple clients seeking Pros in multiple states, this is the first time where an extra level of Matterport skills has been requested.

And, the client is willing to pay for quality over price.

When I first envisioned a Network of Matterport Pros nearly two years ago (video @ 4:00 of 4:53), it was to service large clients that wanted to place one order for multiple markets. Hotels, for example, will care about the quality of the Matterport 3D Tour.

So, keep upping your game. Practice scanning outdoors, getting the view out of windows to look nice and scan as if it is going to be converted to VR. The good news is that you can practice these skills with the Matterport Spaces 3D Tours that you are doing now.

For example, while our client was not expecting that I scan the patio of this school - or even at night - I had the time and the location, so why not try it. (Client liked it; got to charge more for the additional square footage and I had a chance to experiment with adding lighting for outdoor shoot.) And, yes, it was also a challenge to transition from daylight to nighttime. I recall about 30 minutes just to get the scans to connect (as you exit to the patio).

What new techniques are you pioneering with your Matterport camera?

Dan

P.S. While we referrals for We Get Around Referral Network Members, we're always happy to help advise you how to retain the client and engage Pros. You make the difference on what you charge your client and what you pay another Pro (and we can provide free referrals of Matterport Pros around the globe.)
Post 1 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
I just did my first balcony yesterday! It was a challenge getting them to align at first but the walkthrough looks great and I learned a lot! The only thing I would like to change is that the dollhouse image shows black on the outer edge of the balcony - it only shows up in the dollhouse image. Anyone else have experience with this and know how to avoid it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jntooker

Congrats! Way to go!

Trim the outer edge of the balcony like it was a window.

No extra charge to reprocess with the revised trim.

Please post the "before" and "after" here.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
txgreg66 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been lucky when doing outdoors even in the Texas heat. My most viewed scan was able to see the door open and step out onto the deck.

I did a courtesy scan for my friends condo on Isle of Palms last September. No problem with that balcony.

Showing exterior doors closed, but then open as you approach is my best "trick".

I guess I have to be sure what is takes to have the scans primed for VR conversion.

Greg S
Realtor @ eXp Realty
Post 4 IP   flag post
jessetutt private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I'm interested in being considered. Have a great day!

Jesse
[contact info redacted]
Post 5 IP   flag post
Chankane private msg quote post Address this user
Interested for Honolulu, Hawaii!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The cities/countries are for illustration purposes only. Not the actual destinations for this client.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Sure. Outdoors are always fun to do. I prefer them to indoors now. It's my version of playing outside
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I will do that right now! Thanks for the tip!
Post 9 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, you know we are experimenting a lot. actualy not doing a lot of Real Estate. But caves, industrial plants, differnt light setups, outdoor scans etc. Now we sterted to convert to VR. and builing our own cameras for special needs. Very exciting. So we are not realy regular MP users 😜

Fot scanning outdoor we are trying differnt kind of filters to eliminate the influence of IR. Don't know what the outcome will be.

We did scan multiple spaces and objects for a client.and used differnt light settings. Its fun to do.

Happy scanning,
Grtz Rene.
Post 10 IP   flag post
clickable text

The trimmed version didn't change. Am I doing something wrong?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jntooker

It is likely you are on the outside instead of the inside of the "window"...

Do you want to enlarge and screen grab and upload here so we can see your trim lines?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
CDM private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

[redacted]

We have done exterior, night scans, and have a lighting kit we developed as well.

Thanks
Chris Malacarne
INVELOP
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?