Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 2.x

Error Message: Unable to Begin Capture1938

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
My teammate is in the midst of scanning a 12,000 sf house and got this error message: 3:30 pm EST Thursday, 2 June 2016.

---

Unable to Begin Capture
Unable to perform scan due to an unknown error (3,2,0,3) (INS, INP, [],PROC).

---

Anyone experience this error? Thoughts?

Since he scanning outdoors under a covered patio, I suggested that he go back inside and continue the interior of the house. (We typically do covered patios at the end of the job, BUT incoming storm meant we should try sooner than later.)

I did a walk-through with him this morning, so I can see that it looks like he is near the end of the outdoor space anyway. (The large bright spots are the lights above him while he took a photo of the screen to share with me.

Post 1 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen this error message a handful of times. After a power cycle, everything seems to be fine but it's happened to me for no rhyme or reason, not just outdoors. Once in a while the blue Scan button is still available to touch but with no text underneath.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
That's a new one on me. With my old iPad Air when I had issues it just shut me out of the capture app. I'd be interested to hear what MP has to say about this.

Sorry for asking this Dan as I already know what you're going to tell but have to ask anyway. Did he go back to the last known good capture as well as back a couple of other good captures and try to capture there?

Did he also reboot both the iPad and camera and is he still getting the error?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GarySnyder

My photographer is on-site. I'm not. Within minutes he replied to my suggestion to go back inside and continue scanning from a good, last scan, he wrote back "It worked! Everything moving as usual)" without letting me know if he restarted the iPad Air and Camera or just tried scanning.

He's five hours into the house with another five hours to go, so I did not want to slow him down with questions. Once I hear details, I'll post here.

I'll reach out to Matterport Support know to get their take on "what happened" and "what would you have suggested" ... I will report back.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, very strange, I'm looking forward to hearing what MP has to say about this one.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Support Writes:

----

Hello Dan,

According to my QA team, the camera believes its scanning while the Capture app believes there are no scans being executed when this error message appears.

Please restart both the camera and the Capture app and attempt to scan again. Please let me know if this is effective!

Warm Regards,
[redacted]
Matterport Support
Post 6 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod yes I have been receiving this message too. To solve I have re powered Bont the camera and iPad. Two different houses, but same iPad. Due to being in different time zone and onsite, I could not wait for MP support. I just had to hope the power recycle would work.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Noel

Yes. Turning devices on and off often takes care of many problems regardless of device. I guess devices get "confused" ...

I'll know tomorrow (Friday), what our Pro did in order to keep moving.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
I did see this error one time. I remember that during that scan I have at least 12 apps opened in the iPad Air 2.

It was solved with my "secret sauce": Restart everything (LOL)

Moving forward, I closed every app before starting the first scan.

Gus
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Postscript:

Our Pro did the following, which solved the problem (which may be a coincidence):

Moved indoors to a successfully scanned area and then ...

1. Closed out of the app; re-opened (failed)
2. Re-started the iPad and Camera (failed)
3. Repeated step 2 multiple times (failed)
4. Created a new model. Did 1 scan successfully and then went make to the original model (success)

We're not sure if step 4 made the difference or whether it was just a coincidence.

Since Matterport Support wrote:

"According to my QA team, the camera believes its scanning while the Capture app believes there are no scans being executed when this error message appears."

... perhaps step 4 ended the confusion between the app and camera.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Very interesting, it's one of those unexplained tech glitches that you never come up with an answer why it finally worked but thank God it did.
Post 11 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
Good thinking to come up with Step 4.

I would've kicked the camera and thrown the iPad against the wall! (?)

Gus
Post 12 IP   flag post
101421 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?