Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Purpose of Thumbnail Image link?1927

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just curious if anyone uses the thumbnail image link from the Sharing section of the my.matterport account (visible where you find the links for the branded and unbranded tours), and if so... for what purpose?

For example, here is the "Thumbnail Image" link for a house we scanned today:

https://my.matterport.com/api/v1/player/models/t6V34bMGy8W/thumb

When I put that link in the browser it simply shows what the current "hero" image for that model is, and there doesn't seem to be anything more to it other than the ability to zoom in and out on the image which, I suppose, is somewhat of a novelty.

Does anyone use this feature, and if so, for what?!?!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Some systems use a thumbnail that needs to be hosted somewhere online that they use as the preview image for the tour that ends up being the link to the actual tour. You can also think of it as a lazy way to embed the tour on a site without actually embedding it... In some instances, I've posted a thumbnail of an exterior shot for this purpose so that the preview is the exterior of the home instead of the 'hero' image from the MP tour. If your client doesn't request it, it's not necessary generally for whatever system or sites they're using to market the property and I wouldn't worry about it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@CLE3D Good to know! Thanks!

Our MLS system here simply takes the unbranded link and I use the WP3D plug-in for the site so I've never had need for that thumbnail link, and I suppose I won't anytime soon.

Out of curiosity... how did you change that thumbnail to an exterior shot? I often do that within WP3D, but that is for the loading picture of the Showcase, not for any other thumbnail image.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately you can't do it thru MP, so I have to post it up somewhere else, I use aws (amazon Web services) to host those when I do it. Hopefully MP will give us that option eventually though because it really is nice to present it that way, just like thru wp3d, which is how I present the samples on my site. There's only one broker that I have as a client that uses the thumbnail images though, just as an FYI.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys....chiming in here to note that at WP3D Models we lean on this image to display the link to a model/tour from our shortcode-generated (gallery) pages.

Here's an example from the We Get Around installation of WP3D Models:

https://gallery.we-get-around.com/

Unless this image has been overridden (a feature of WP3D) then what you see for the thumbnail is pulled from Matterport and references this image.

Just a little FYI more than anything.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?