Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
advice

Tunnel project alignment problems1922

karlpallas private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I'm Karl from London (England),

For our construction clients, we managed to get access to Europe's largest construction project, Crossrail.

We wanted to take a trackside snap-shot of one of the new underground railway station platforms that are currently under construction. However due to the size of these projects we were pushing the boundaries with 211 scans. Thus there are some particularly bad alignment problems. See showcase:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=bgctMWi2T8r

Does anyone know how we could fix this?

Karl
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
contact matterport support. It might take a few days for them to get back to you, but they've helped others with a similar misalignment issue.

I believe it has to do with the minor variation in your surroundings, there isn't enough data for it to stitch together property because it might not notice the minor change from one stand point to the next.
Post 2 IP   flag post
KPunsvik private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like you've had the Matterport camera too low, as there are black areas up on the platform. They often appear due to that the camera don't see them. I also see that the scanning is done in "one line". I also reckon the camera and the algorithms would appreciate if it had more varied data to chew on, maybe there wouldn't be "holes" in the scan.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

Great work on getting in with the crossrail!

Matterport support might not be the quickest to respond, but give it a shot and maybe they can fix the misalignment issues.

Ps: We should get together for an afterscan pint sometime
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Like Carlos said the problem is with the similarities between the scans. The software is confused with where to stitch it. It may help if you have a decent sized item to place in the scan so it can have something to differentiate between. Then go into workshop and disable it.
It's a bit of messing around but it may be an option.
We had the same issue today while Scanning a horse training arena.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?