Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceProblemsScans

More than 200 scans1905

walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

We did a club house yesterday with an indorpool and it took us more than 200 scans. The model just downloaded and I feel I need to do some extra scans... there are a lot of "black" holes on the dollhouse. can I go over 200 scans?

So far the model has 215... how many more I can do?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
Following on to that question does a IPad Air 2 compared to iPad Pro 9.6" make a difference to the max scan number?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely go back and do the additional scans to fill the spaces that are missing - it really doesn't matter too much! Once you have completed the upload go back in and deactivate some of the scans that are unnecessary for the actual walk thru tour. You can go over the 200 hundred scans MP just don't guarantee that it will work - but in my experience and I'm sure many others here on the forum it really dosen't change too much other than a slightly longer processing time!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Yep. You can go up to 450.
The newer the iPad the better it tends to perform
My iPad 1 crashes more than the 2 does
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
We did a 16 500 SqFt 350 scan job a couple of days ago. Was fine. Ipad Air 2, 128 Gb.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Rentertainment private msg quote post Address this user
@3dscannuk

Would you mind sending me the tour to look at? Also confirming you processed 350 scan points with no issues? How long did it take to process?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
Yes, we processed it with all 350 scans, it took about 12 hours from completed upload to completed render.

We could´ve gotten away with fewer scans if the floor wasn´t as reflective, but we needed a lot extra sweeps to fill inn large black spots in the floor.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DscannUK
We did a 16 500 SqFt 350 scan job a couple of days ago. Was fine. Ipad Air 2, 128 Gb.

How many "model processings" did that use up? 2? 3? 4? From my understanding processing models over 100 scans get charged additional processing fees, is that correct?
Post 8 IP   flag post
walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
thank you all for your comments!!

the dollhouse of the pool doesn't look that good, but the overall model is great.

thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
@Queen_City_3D it only says Large on the invoice specs. I think it´s just standard and Large.
Post 10 IP   flag post
BarrieFisherPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I have a job that is 40,000 ft, it will take more then 350 scans, I'm guessing with it will take about 1,500 scans. I know that's alot, but it's rambling. There are 15 units and it has 4 floors.
Can I stretch the 8 foot limit? Any suggestions? Is it possible?

Thanks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
When scanning wide open spaces (no walls) on a construction site, what are the best techniques when scanning? I usually do the 8 ft rule. Can I take it up to 12 ft and still get a nice showcase? and a nice 2D rendering from it?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
@BarrieFisherPhoto I´d recommend making one model pr floor or pr unit. @Jamie mentioned you can go up to 450 scans, I do not know if that´s an absolute upper limit, but I just wouldn´t try going for 1500 scans.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you 3DscannUK, I know that's a real stretch (1500), and alot of work. I will approach my client with the per floor concept. The only thing is, the builder would like to have the whole building. Maybe I'll have to let him know it's not feasible.

I just completed a 250 scan - 15,000 sq ft and all went well.
I'm glad to know I can get up to 450 scans (@Jamie, did it try to crash at all, while working?)

Has anyone done over 450 scans?
Post 14 IP   flag post
101436 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?