Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Receiving Spam via Private Message (PM)1851

StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
One of the great things about this forum is the help we receive from each other.

One of the bad things about this forum is my email address is available to people trying to sell me stuff.

I received an email from some [redacted]. I think there were three spelling and grammatical errors in it. Definitely not a way to start a relationship.

I have absolutely no interest in this app and think it's a horrible idea...not to mention they want a piece of the pie...a pie that is already harder and harder to get a bite out of.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Was it [redacted]? I just hung up from a similar call, and that's what caller ID said. Tel # was [redacted]
Post 2 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
These guys solicited me
[redacted]
Post 3 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Yes...it's from the Chicago land area, my backyard.

I'm not sure why I'm so bothered by this but I am. When I told the guy I wasn't interested he asked "Why Not".

Sales 101 is to never be defensive. I handled in stride (believe it or not) but that is NOT a question that should be asked that way.

@ Dan...

I want a refund if I keep getting spammed. haha :-)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenHattan @3Dwalkmethru

I do my best to curate the MUG Forum community; including Private Messaging (PM) spam.

I identified the two spammers and you will not receive spam from them again ...

All,

If you receive a PM message that you feel is inappropriate, please do forward to me via our Contact Us page.

As you can imagine, with 1,500 Members in 62 countries - and growing by 150 new Members monthly, the community has grown large enough to be attracted to spammers.

Spam posted to the MUG Forum is easier for me to identify and remove. Unless I also receive a PM from a spammer, I do not know unless you forward the message to me.

@StevenHattan @jscottsmith @3Dwalkmethru Thanks for your posts on this topic. And thank you for all being Members of the MUG Forum and We Get Around Referral Network.

Best,

Dan

P.S. I redacted company websites, names and phone numbers (above).
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?