Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanNewbies

Need help getting started!1832

3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I've been looking for a business where I could be my own boss. I'm tired of feeling like I spend all my time working and not spending time with my family. I'm sick of sitting in a cubicle all day looking at a computer, making money for a company and getting nothing in return. I was a Kitchen & Bath Designer 10 years. Then when the economy tanked I started working in an engineering firm in the structural dept. I miss making people happy like I did when I designed kitchens and bathrooms.
I saw a Matterport add on Facebook and checked it out. All I could say was "wow". I'm hooked! Now I just need to learn how I can take action and become a Matterport photographer!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Dustin
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
You have come to the right place @DanSmigrod created this place and has this forum as well as get started marketing packages.

The biggest thing is you can ask a ton of questions and real matterport business owners will respond as well as Dan. Welcome!
Post 2 IP   flag post
wallyhawk private msg quote post Address this user
Best advice I can give as a fellow noobie, do a sample scan. Do your own house, ask a friend, a business you may know the owner of. Do it as if it's the real deal even if you don't charge.

You'll learn how to move the camera, how to place it, what works and what doesn't.

As far as building a client base. Send emails (not in a generic blast) and cold call. Not fun, but works.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DustinRobinson If you go down this path then realize that first and foremost you are in sales. What you are selling is yourself and your product. The biggest advice that I can give is to not expect the phone to ring with people ordering scans from you. If you want to gain extra business you have to be out there pounding the pavement and knocking on doors and getting in front of real estate agents, builders, etc. to introduce them to the product and let them know how your service will be helpful to them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
As an entrepreneur you get to pick your own hours, you just have to pick which 17 hours of each day that you want to work.

Sales is everything but for techbucal questions, strategy and great ideas rhis is the place to be. Welcome.
Post 5 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephthomp
As an entrepreneur you get to pick your own hours, you just have to pick which 17 hours of each day that you want to work.

@josephthomp ... soooo very true!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio I like that one. Very true
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Here´s what I´d recommend before you commit to buying a camera;

Download the Matterport 3D showcase app on your ipad, it allows you to run some samples offline. Use this as your sales tool.

Setup a simple wordpress site.

Start selling.

When you get an order, use the matterport referal network to get it produced.

This way you get to try your ways and see if you like working in this industry, it´s a very low startup cost to just get a website up and running.

I´m not trying to pee on your fire here, but it´s a tough market and you need to know the real estate industry to get traction with the estate agents.
Post 8 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's going to be a lot of hard work. I've been in sales before and I can do it again. I know it's going to be a lot of hard work. But this time I'll be making money for myself and not someone else.
I thank you all for the advice.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Let us know what you decide to do, either way you´re always welcome here in the MUG family
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DustinRobinson like @3DscannUK says ...

Seek business first. Outsource any business you do get until you know you can be successful developing business.

Related MUG Forum Thread

Three Ways To get Started With Matterport

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101635 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?