10 Takeaways from this 1,000 sf $500+ Order?1775
31555 2 2
|Forum Founder||DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
|We Get Around added two new clients Monday [9 May 2016]: one that took 18 months; and, the other less than a week and a few emails (below) and one voicemail (from the client).
Here’s What I Learned from the Order That Took Less Than a Week
1. Ask for the order “Ready to schedule?” | Assume your client is ready to buy. If not, it’s a great way to find out quickly; why not.
2. Allow yourself Wiggle Room. (And, Wiggle Room does not need to be price. It this case, I did not need to add 2D Floor plans or a video.) That said, we always like to over-deliver. And, while I did not mention Mattertags, we will over-deliver by annotating the space.
3. Keep emails short. I am always guilty of emails that are too long. While I wanted to includes examples of schools, 1 or 2 links would probably have been enough rather than four.
4. Keep it simple. I gave one price for one classroom. While there might be other specialty classrooms to scan – or virtual reality to create – we’ll offer that after we deliver the project.
5. Notice the recurring revenue ($4.95 monthly) – I love recurring revenue and while most would say this is too small to bill, we use the MoonClerk service + Stripe to automatically charge credit cards monthly. If the client would rather pay by check, we will pre-bill 12 months in advance.
6. No Contract – the client did not ask for any paperwork, so email is sufficient for us.
7. Business Risk – we don’t sweat the paperwork. Client either pays us or not. Life is too short. And, we have never had to disable a scan for non-payment. Happy clients are happy to pay. We do not charge the client until we deliver everything that we promised (and then some).
8. My 50/30/20 Rule – Because I developed the business, I get 20 percent. (Pay yourself a commission.) Because We Get Around handles the operations – hosting and invoicing for example – my company keeps 30 percent. And our photographer gets 50 percent of $500 plus 50 percent of $4.95 x 12 months for scanning, trimming and post for the 1,000 sf project. Notice that our pricing works whether we are booking the project in Atlanta and we scan or out-of-town and we source a Pro among the Basic, Standard or Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network. And, while we could handle orders anywhere around the globe, we choose to refer the business via our Referral Network Members. I mention this as a thought-starter about how you could run a Matterport service provider business – locally and globally – without owning a Camera.
9. Lucky – While we are lucky to get an order with just a few emails, we help create luck through everything that we do
10. Pricing – When the potential client said about 1,000 sf, we simplified our pricing. Instead of quoting $0.50 a sf, we said $500 plus $4.95 monthly to host. You are worth what you tell people you are worth. While we are not the busiest Matterport service providers, when we do scan, we get paid as professionals. And, we do whatever it takes to have the client have a great experience.
After you read the email thread below, what’s your take-away? What will you do differently the next time time you get an inbound email or call?
P.S. It may be easier to read from the bottom up ...
On May 9, 2016, at 4:08 PM, [Dan Writes] wrote:
Yes. Next week is fine. [We Get Around Photographer] is available 3 pm next Thursday. That’s 19 May.
On May 9, 2016, at 4:05 PM, [redacted]> wrote:
Great Thursday 5/15/16 will be great!
On May 9, 2016, at 4:05 PM, [redacted] wrote:
Great Thursday 5/15/16 will be great!
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM, [Dan Wrote] wrote:
Yes. We Get Around [Photographer] can be there 3 pm this Thursday [12 May 2016]:
I will be on vacation this Thursday through Sunday and I will have limited access to email.
We will deliver the WalkAround 3D Tour – embed code and link – by 5 pm Monday (16 May).
[redacted], all good with you?
On May 9, 2016, at 3:44 PM, [redacted] wrote:
Can we schedule and time this week after 3pm?
Thank you for the additional info below (and your voicemail).
$500 plus $4.95 monthly hosting.
We’re presently scheduling next week ...
Examples of classrooms we have created WalkAround 3D Tours …
KSU College of Continuing and Professional Education-Medical Assisting
Junior Achievement of Georgia-BizTown
The Study Hall
KSU | Take a Virtual Tour of KSU Center
[redacted], ready to schedule?
On May 9, 2016, at 12:44 PM, [redacted] wrote:
I have a classroom that is about 1000 square feet and is used for my [redacted] courses. We are trying to show our update classroom to students and we are also looking into renting out our classroom to other smaller companies that need a space to conduct a course. I was visiting a site that had a virtual tour of their space and thought this might be an attractive way to tour our facility.
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 12:51 PM, [Dan] wrote:
I am in an all day conference, so hard to reply.
Likely no charge if in the Atlanta area.
Pro bono ... Can you tell me more about your school, classroom and why....?
I am in the office tomorrow …
On May 5, 2016, at 11:37 AM, [prospective Client writes in Contact Us Form] wrote:
Email Address: [redacted]
Subject: Virtual Tour
Message: I want a virtual tour for my classroom
(Sent via We Get Around)
|Post 1 IP flag post|