Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I looked for a thread and didn't find one that answered this. Has anyone scanned an outdoor space successfully. I have a request to scan watermark. I could imagine the end result would be great neat if the camera is capable ofthis . I've see some outdoor porches look amazing. If you have tried this please show the footage.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cindiewozniak private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has an article on their support page regarding scanning outdoor spaces that you might find helpful.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
Thanks Cindie, I did read through that, and have a pretty good idea what they explain. But curious for some showcases that people have done of an all outdoor space.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
You can shoot outdoors successfully but you need to capture all of your shots either early in the morning before the sun rises above the horizon or when the sun is not in sight of you camera.

Once the sun has moved on to where you can no longer see the sun at any point in your shot (not behind the clouds) then you can continue. Be careful though on a bright day the sun's IR can bounce of shiny objects and catch you. This should cause alignment issues but some time the capture app will accept the shot and it wont be till you generate the showcase that you fine you can't move to that scan or you may even get the effect that half of the scan is visible and the other is just black.

Remember that the camera alignment process depends on IR so the sun's IR and the cameras IR don't mix.

Gook luck with the shoot and let us know how it goes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GoneCoastalSC private msg quote post Address this user
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=KEs2jYBiUtZ

Take a look at this one @htimsabbub23 I started before the sun came up on the outdoor shots - set the stage the day before so I was able to continue on the porch and then march around the pool and out to the Ocean on the boardwalk. This property is in Surfside Beach SC
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
@GondCoastalSC that turned out amazing. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am working with a local rec department that has an indoor pool but also building a brand new outdoor waterpark and would love to do both of their facilities. When I land the job and if I can get it to look good I will definitely post the final results.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Los Angeles
JosephJ private msg quote post Address this user
If you are looking for another example, here is an example I show clients how outside can look. If I had more time I would have waited for the sun to have set more but people were starting to show up for their open house.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xJBQGR3BJwC
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@htimsabbub23

MUG Forum threads about scanning outdoors, include:

Matterport Pro 3D Camera - Outdoor Capture

Capture Outdoors at Night

Also ...

We Get Around Blog (30 October 2014) 10 Tips for Shooting Outdoors with the Matterport Pro 3D Camera

We Get Around Blog
(12 November 2014) Outdoor 3D Showcase Walk-Around Photography with the Matterport Pro 3D Camera

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one for a exterior roof deck.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Hk92FY8voHh

Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
These are some fantastic shots and really show how you can push the boundaries of the camera by just paying attention to where the sun is and the time of day. Well done everyone,
Post 10 IP   flag post
Dreammachine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephJ
If you are looking for another example, here is an example I show clients how outside can look. If I had more time I would have waited for the sun to have set more but people were starting to show up for their open house.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xJBQGR3BJwC
Post 11 IP   flag post
Dreammachine private msg quote post Address this user
The way you allowed a viewer to go from inside to outside the property was seamless. Great capture.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?