Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Real Estate

Real Estate Photographer Strategic Partnersh1660

Jmoore private msg quote post Address this user
Please - meeting with real estate 'still picture' photographer to discuss strategic partnership with myself (matterport camera) and his existing real estate photography business where he does typically four to five homes per day, multiple hundreds per year and has been doing this for the last 5 years. He is familiar with Matterport. I'm positioning the 3D 360°matterport camera capability as added value to his existing 'still picture' photography business. He seems quite open to the prospects. His one concern was that the camera is so good that he is wondering about the security and safety issues in terms of the camera picture picking up children photos, jewelry box, etc - has anyone run into this objection and have there been issues in terms of Home break-ins or securityissues because of the incredible detail the matterport camera captures?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
I have certainly heard that concern in my travels but realistically only about 10% of the time. As I shoot my own Hi-Res photography I'm not looking to form any other partnerships in that department.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jmoore private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for prompt reply Caprahams. Perhaps I should have positioned my thread to include has anyone formed strategic Partnerships with real estate photographers that have not invested in matterport as well as the security implications in terms of the cameras impressive capability to capture detail.
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
just my 2¢, but i don't think the detail is all that good. it's plenty good enough, but nothing like my new d750 with the amazing 14-24 nikkor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Walking through a property virtually is no different to someone going through an open home (check out the link from a newspaper story where a ring was stolen during an open home here in NZ).

Even as a good still photographer you need to be vigilant to make sure any valuable things such as jewelry, iPads are hidden from view.
If someone is concerned about images of the family etc being shown then suggest they remove those things. I suggest to all my clients they remove any personal artifacts that they don't want to be seen.

If they have these concerns counter by telling them having the MP done is opening the property up to a whole other market place - be it nationally or internationally. It gives these potential buyers the ability to walk thru and get a feel for the property without even being there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
We offer a 24/7 open house. The house needs to be ready and staged the same way. Usually kills 8 out of the 10% suggested above.

I recently hooked up with a glide cam photographer at a ranch shoot who was doing drones. I he doesn't want to get into what I offer and I'm not ready to offer what he has. But we're willing to refer each other trying to beat out the slide show, bulb 360's and walk to the center of the room and spin in a circle markets.

We could each get by passed referring to each other and the agent picks one. At this level, we had a still photographer there too. Offer more and show more abilities is my 2 cents.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have heard this concern over and over and just like Property3dNZ and VTLV, the home needs to be open house ready. Partnering with still photographers is fine but most of the medium to high end photographers are using Matterport in our area and we have beat them on price. Even though we have approached them to collaborate and now don't want to talk with us. Just my 2 cents.

Ron
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?