Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FLYIN 3D VideosHelp WantedInspirational Views

20 Questions: Google Earth FLY-IN 3D Videos1645

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pirusan

Yes. "I love it!" "Wow!" ...

So, after you started offering the FLY-IN 3D Videos for your clients, you started offering these (amazing) videos to other Matterport Pros.

Why should Matterport Pros offer the FLY-IN 3D Videos to their clients?

You already touched on a few reasons:

✓ Differentiate their Matterport biz to have a competitive advantage
✓ Retain clients
✓ Maintain rates

Other reasons?

Also, can you expand on what you mean by "if you want to offer them Single Property Websites" or 2D Floor plans," etc.?

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

We were getting these videos made by another outside source. As our provider got busier understandably, their prices were becoming prohibitive for these videos to be resold to Realtors.

Once we felt that our quality was acceptable and were able to streamline the post production we thought that it was time for the videos to go "Prime Time" and offer them to other MP Pros.

Since the FLY IN Videos help us establish ourselves as the so called "experts" we always have a chance of up selling our services with other products like 2D Floor plans or Single Property websites.

Our FLY IN Videos help us also compete, without reducing rates, with Professional photographers who do offer Matterport scans. For us is huge because we are not Professional Photographers.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

You obviously have figured out the magic. Your "secret sauce" for cleaning up the Matterport Object File (.obj) "Mesh View" is amazing. I could imagine that some reading this had no idea how valuable the .obj can be.

Wow! What a great way to make the "competition" irrelevant because they do not offer the solution that the client wants.

We talked about the FLY-IN 3D Videos from a Matterport Pro's perspective, how about from a Real Estate Agent's perspective.

1. Why should real estate agents and brokers offer FLY-IN 3D Videos?

2. And, how do they use the FLY-IN 3D Videos?

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
Realtors are a funny breed. Everything seems to be
"too expensive" for them no matter what that is.

With that said, once a Realtor get their first FLY IN 3D Video they always come back for a second video and stay with you. Waht they told us is that in this market the Realtor really needs to separate themselves from the competition.

They usually incorporate the FLY iN Video into their Listing Presentations.

A Realtor who goes into a Listing Appointment already knows that, that client saw or will see HDR photo portfolio, that potential Seller already saw drone videos, flyers, postcards etc. The conversation becomes about how much commission is he/she willing to take. The FLY IN Video stops (they say) that line of conversation.

Even if the Seller "will think" which Realtor to hire our clients tell us that the client remembers them as "The Realtor who does those videos".

More than once a client told us "your video closed our deal" it is very flattering to hear.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gus @pirusan

"Your video closed our deal" is very exciting.

So, just like Matterport Pros need to differentiate their marketing plans to have a competitive advantage, real estate agents need to:

✓ have a competitive advantage to differentiate their marketing plan to win listing presentations (Matterport Spaces 3D Tour, FLY-IN 3D Video, Single Property Website, 2D schematic floor plans, etc.).

Plus, I could imagine getting more buyer leads and more sell er leads too, please everyone looking at this has a house to sell too. And, buyers want to work with tech-savvy agents.

Gus, do you also offer a non-branded version for MLS?

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post

I imagine the video being very useful for those Realtors who market to "For Sell By Owner" too. But I can only say what our Realtor clients told us.

To the question, Yes we can deliver an Unbranded (MLS Compliant) video too. I read that some MLS have restrictions on Google Earth imagery so we can remove that part too if that could be an issue.

Usually we deliver an Unbranded Version for 50% additional fee.

We can work something out for Basic, Standard and Premium members of the We Get Around Referral Network if needed be.

We want to make videos! and help people get more business!

Gus
www.InspirationalViews.com
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

Before I ask you about pricing ...

1. What do Matterport Pros need to provide you?
2. How should they provide you with this?
3. How long does it take?

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
I copy and paste fro our instruction sheet.

What we need to make the video for you (Provided by You)
1) Matterport .obj file in .zip from as downloaded from Matterport
2) Room Measurements from MP Workshop and Room Names (in Floor Plan view) Mark areas that were not scanned. * See end of page
3) HDR photos (if applicable)
4) Link to MP Space
5) Customer Logo (If applicable) in any photo format (.jpg, .PNG preferred) and website
6) Logos and photos of photographer and contact information
Preferred method for file transferring: Google Drive, or WeTransfer.com (email).

We prefer not to use Dropbox but it seems to be a very good method of File transferring too.

We deliver videos in 7 days.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gus,

Before we chat about pricing, what question have I not asked you that you would like to answer?

Dan
Post 34 IP   flag post
I can't think of anything, honestly. Something might come up before we finish.

I would like to say that on the administrative part I ask everybody to measure each functional living area separately. One big room in a house might have a Kitchen, an eating area and a family room all together without walls in between.

For us to label those rooms in the obj we need separate measurements for those areas.

Before ordering I ask everybody to look at any video example to have an idea of the information we need.

Lastly, videos look better when the property is scanned thoroughly. If you are ordering one of our videos is better to over scan than to under-scan.

Gus
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gus,

Yes. Overscan to help make the "mesh" dense ... and measure and label ...

As you know, I consider your Matterport 3rd Party Solution – FLY-IN 3D Videos by Inspirational Views – an essential marketing tool to help Matterpeeps succeed faster:

For Matterport Photographers …

✓ get more business
✓ keep existing clients
✓ make the competition irrelevant

For Matterport Real Estate Agents …

✓ Win more listing presentations
✓ Get more buyer leads
✓ Get more seller leads
✓ Help sell homes faster for the most money

I am so glad that I reached out to you as soon as you posted a FLY-IN 3D Video in the MUG Forum. (My immediate reaction: I love it! Wow!

And, thank you for offering Basic, Standard, Premium - and Essential Launch Marketing Tool Kit – Members of the We Get Around Referral Network 50 percent off your public pricing; delivery within 4 business days - instead of 7 - and white labeled for our Members (No Inspirational Views logos). That's huge!

I understand ...

Save 50 Percent (And Save Another 50 Percent on Your First Order)

Basic, Standard and Premium Members save 50 percent off public, published pricing. That’s $0.125 sf instead of $0.25 sf. (Minimum order is always: $195.) Plus, the video is white-labeled: no Inspirational Views tag (unlike your public pricing example).

For example, public pricing for a 3,500 sf house is $875. We Get Around Basic, Standard and Premium Member pricing for the same house is: $438. Plus – now through 15 December 2016, Members receive their first FLY-IN 3D video at 50 percent off Member Pricing. So, for a 3,500 sf house, that’s $219 to have a great, custom example on your website and an opportunity to wow a client.

Plus, Basic, Standard and Premium Members that just want a generic FLY-IN 3D video example like this with the addition of your logo? That’s just $75 for Basic, Standard and Premium Members.

Gus, thanks again for joining us for 20 Questions Live. Can you check back to see if any MUG Members have follow-up questions?

Best,

Dan

Compare Membership Plans | Summary of Benefits | Join

Video: Plus, Basic, Standard and Premium Members that just want a generic FLY-IN 3D video example like this (below) with the addition of your logo? That’s just $75 for Basic, Standard and Premium Members.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Yes, that is the deal.
Before I go I would like to say that the We get Around Referral Network is a fantastic source of information, tips and benefits it is worth much more than any single monthly fee.

Dan, thanks to you, and yes, I turn on the email notification on this thread to answer any questions that members may have that was not covered here.

Thanks to all for reading!

Gus
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

Gus, thank you for your (super-kind note).

I started the Matterport User Group Forum so the community could give and get help.

We're on a Our Mission

The mission of the We Get Around Referral Network is to help Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents succeed faster by helping increase revenue by providing:

✓ a super-easy and super-fast way for clients to find a Matterport Pro (via the We Get Around Referral Network Map)
marketing tools to help promote their business
related services to help bundle or offer as optional extras
curated solutions for efficiently managing a Matterport service provider business

Thanks for acknowledging that!

Your FLY-IN 3D Videos are a perfect fit for helping succeed faster.

Best,

Dan
Post 38 IP   flag post
@RenderingSpace We are always looking at improving our videos. I would love to see the videos you produce with a clean obj file!

Gus
Post 39 IP   flag post
Some in this thread suggested that including 10 to 20 seconds of Google Earth (GE) imagery might violate the Terms of Use of Google Earth.
We (our attorney and we) believed that our use of GE imagery falls into the parameters of Fair Use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirusan
Sorry for the length of this post.
I read all pages of the Google Terms of Service (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/policies/terms/), the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/help/terms_maps.html),the Permissions page (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/permissions/geoguidelines.html#maps-ads)and the Attribution Guidelines (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/permissions/geoguidelines/attr-guide.html) when I was getting these videos done by somebody else and I re-read them before we started making these videos ourselves.
Just to make sure I did not miss anything I read them again before writing this post.
So,
@craigsauer When Google refers to copying or re distributing etc they are referring to the algorithm or codes within Google Maps/earth. i.e. those tread mills or stationary bicycles who use Google Earth data to change the charges of the exercise.
In addition, looking at these videos and thinking that "they are BASED.." on Google Maps/Earth technology is not reasonable. The video is 2.5 minutes long and the Google Earth part is about 15 seconds. On the production side one video takes about 10-15 man/hours to make. The Google Earth part takes about 20 minutes including rendering.

Most importantly, our attorney (my friend) and I believed that we are safely within the 'fair use" category, in our videos for about 4 months (at the very beginning we were missing this issue when we edited the videos) we make sure that the Google Earth logo and the Attribution information is ALWAYS there.
In the Permissions page they always refer you back to the top of the page or to the "specially the attribution guidelines"

In any case, we believe that this matter is a non-issue. Specially after sending samples of our videos to Google, providing our youtube channel URL and not having heard from them in about 3 months. We specifically told them that we charge a fee to make the videos. I m pretty sure I would have received at least Cease and Desist letter by now.

@rboerner I would love to make these videos available to as many MP Service providers as possible, whoever is not comfortable with the Google Earth part we can remove those 15 seconds. Anyway, in our experience the customers lean over when they see the Google Earth part but the WoW! comes (almost always) when we start "flying" around the house.

Finally, if you are deciding on having these videos made from us or somebody else, and you think that the 15 seconds of Google Earth is a deal breaker, we are clearly not in the same page, and quite sincerely, it hurts our feelings (LOL)

FYI, it took us months to research how to make the videos and manipulate the obj. The Google Earth part took us about 3 days of research and that only because I am not that good at the computer.

Looking forward to the 20 questions next week!

We thought that resubmitting our inquiry could not hurt, and surprisingly Google Permissions Dept. responded today specifically authorizing us to use their "brand and features as described in our submission".

The authorization email below

Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about local MLS rules.

We still believe having GE imagery for a few seconds in a much longer video is "fair use", we also believe that those who make Google Earth only videos and charging customers for that are in clear violation of the Terms of use.

So to make it clear, we do charge to clean obj files, edit, animate and record virtual tours, adding credits, creating a simple animation for your logo etc, we do not charge for those 10 to 20 seconds of GE. We might include this last sentence as a disclaimer in our invoices .

Unlike others, we WILL NEVER MAKE a video with only Google Earth imagery and charge you for it. So please DO NOT PM me for more information.

Gus
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

Thanks for sharing Google's authorization email ...

That's great news.

Dan
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DanSmigrod

BTW, our client was very happy with the FLY-IN that you created with special asks, including no-branding, no Google Earth FLY-IN, no measurements.

It's great that you could accommodate these requests and transition between the apartment and club house.

Dan

Post 42 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Great news, @pirusan! Thanks for sharing the email from Google, but the image you attached is too small to read. I even downloaded it to see if I could zoom in with an image viewer, but no luck. Can you try a higher resolution image?

Craig
Post 43 IP   flag post
I tried to capture the whole email in one image.

Here is the top and bottom of the email in two screen captures

Gus

Post 44 IP   flag post
The bottom part of the email is a transcript of my subscription to Google.
It clearly and unequivocally states that we charge to make these videos and a price range.

Gus
Post 45 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks! @pirusan
Post 46 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gus @pirusan

Thank you for the latest FLY-IN 3D Video. Our client it ...

Dan

Post 47 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I am glad your client liked the FLY IN 3D.

We played a little bit with 3D data pulled out of Google earth to have a bit of an idea of the location of the condo within the high rise.

Exciting! (at least for us)

Gus
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Above is a recent FLY-IN 3D Video created by @pirusan 's Inspirational Views ...

These FLY-IN 3D Videos are a great way to differentiate your Matterport Service Provider business and offer either as an optional extra or bundle in a package.

This a 14,000 sf house. It was scanned by We Get Around Associate Photographer and Architect @YairYepez.

Feel free to share you FLY-IN 3D videos in this thread.

Dan
Post 49 IP   flag post
There is always a first time. A new customer requested a side view obj based video for a small house. Always been a bit reluctant to do the side view, but I think this came out pretty good. I am considering dumping the Walk Through part whenever possible.

Drone video, HD Video + 3D Video (FLY IN 3D) FLY IN 3D starts at 55 seconds and a second part starts at 1:57

Post 50 IP   flag post
tomjones2787 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Pirusan,
Amazing work on these videos.. I am very curious how your Google Earth is so clear in 3D.. What am I missing here?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Hi @tomjones2787 the video immediately above does not have any Google Earth Footage. Now, in general in Google earth make sure you have have a check marks at "3D Buildings /Photoralistic/Trees" (Menu on the left). Other than that when you go to "Toools/Movie Maker" to capture the video put the resolution at 1920 x 1080 and the Frames per second at 30.
I hope it helps
Gus
Inspirational Views
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@pirusan

Thanks again for this great FLY-IN 3D Video for one of our clients.

Best,

Dan
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Branded Google Earth FLY-IN 3D Video

@pirusan

Our client both the branded and unbranded versions of her $1 million listing.

Thanks again!

Best,

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Video: Why FLY-IN 3D Videos from Inspirational Views?
Post 55 IP   flag post
101641 58 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?