Matterport 3D Tour Pros  |  Google Street View Pros  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
View Map Full Screen
Last 30 Days: 87,170 Page Views | 12,858 Visitors | 105 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 45,985  |  Total Topics: 6,307
3,785 WGAN Members in 106 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Channel
18 FREE Membership Benefits when you
join the FREE We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN-TV: Coming Up
Live at 5 | Office Hours
5 pm ET GMT -4)
Wednesday, 28 March 2018
Join Virtual Studio Audience WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | All Videos
3D ShowcaseAdviceScanScansTips

Scanning a Cave1634

360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, last week we tested scanning a cave. This was prior to a very big contract scanning a large historic underground site.
The test was to see what we can do when their is almost no light. We didn't want to cary a lot of lights arround our spreat to much light around and lose the ambiance.
All lights where LED's with different colortemp.
Absoluutly no problems with the LED's. But that was a no brainer for me 😜
Tell me what you think.

Grtz Rene.

Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
That's just amazing! Beautiful!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Founder DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@360Verbeelding outstanding

What a great way to tour a space that many of us will never get to experience in person.

Any additional tips to share about the LED's you used and the technique of adding the light?

Post 3 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
@360Verbeelding this is very cool work! Correct me where I go wrong on some of the lighting techniques.

It looks like directly under the tripod you had a light source that would help illuminate your direct view of where you were at (extension cords running to the base of camera).

I also noticed, maybe this is standard lighting for the cave, some "around the corner" lighting that also helped the visual in capturing everything the cave had to offer.

From @dansmigrod question, was there any LED issues? Not sure as there's no visual of problems but also not sure of what lighting you used.

Either way, great job!
Post 4 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, thanks.
It realy was i try-out. Now we invested in. large amount of small battery operated LED fuctures. Because we where testing we didn't realy looked at the cables on the floor. we had to run a couple of 100 meters cable. Even the around the corner lights where ours, but a little bit to big to hide well enouch around a corner.

There where absolutely no problems with the different color tem LED's. I think that the problems other MP users experience with Blue hase or glare ar not due to LED lights.
I can turn up blue-ish but not like neon-blue.

Next week we go back to do a other cave. More tunnels. So this is going to be a new exiting experience.

Grtz Rene.
Post 5 IP   flag post
AdamplatinumHD private msg quote post Address this user
Cool work guys, 3D cave space! @360Verbeelding
Post 6 IP   flag post
BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Send that out for the new schematic floor plan and see what comes back. That wound be interesting.
Post 7 IP   flag post
46482 7 7