Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyVirtual Reality

VR : Samsung S6 and VR1607

BabluN private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I am planning to get a Samsung S6 and the Gear VR to show the Matterport models. But, I am a bit confused at the moment. How would the Matterport models be viewable in VR. Would the uploaded models on a website be good enough.....? Do we need to get a different version of the model for VR from Matterport.....? How would the movement within a model in VR be controlled.....?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Santana private msg quote post Address this user
The regular models can not be viewed. They have to be formatted for the VR viewing. From what I am currently seeing after having bought the samsung s7 and receiving my VR headset I believe it is still in Beta. I had emailed Matterport directly to ask about one of my models being converted and the cost and it's been a week with no response so I am thinking they are not at the point to start converting models yet. I have taken my headset out with me twice and showed one of the Beta examples to prospects describing what will be in the future and it was very well received. Hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
BabluN private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Santana,

Thank you very much for the update. Assuming that I do go ahead and get the Gear VR, could you please tell me how do I get the beta examples to show to prospects? How do I load it on to the phone?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Santana private msg quote post Address this user
The headset comes with instructions. The phone needs to be on and it will speak when you first connect it to the headset. It will have instructions for download and set up. Once done go in library/store to find Matterport Beta while having the headset on. You will understand more once you have the headset. It's free. (I'm an apple user and it wasn't too hard to figure out having never used a Samsung phone before.)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Cost is USD 500 pr model, turn around time is at least 2-3 weeks.

The converted model has to be installed as a sideloader to the Matterport app on your device.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101634 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?